Author Topic: Petty Sessions, Ireland  (Read 749 times)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Petty Sessions, Ireland
« on: Friday 05 July 13 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi there

My ancestor Alexander McMinn appears to have lived in Clonmel from the early 1850's until around 1870.  On the majority of his children's baptism records, his address was the Clonmel Barracks, in Tipperary.  I have just come across some petty session records...there are quite a few, ranging across the 1860's, where McMinn is the complainant trying to regain possession of house/room etc

I don't really understand this, I wasn't aware that he even owned property?  How can I find out more about this?  He was a soldier in the RA, and he died in 1878 in the UK in Woolwich.

I have a few of the petty sessions on the deciphering board, as I couldn't make out some of the words.  That thread is here: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,652942.0.html

Thanks in advance :)
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire