Author Topic: nathan hughes aberbeeg  (Read 1988 times)

Offline mulberryhouse40

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
nathan hughes aberbeeg
« on: Saturday 06 July 13 17:38 BST (UK) »
Looking to see if anyone has any knowledge of a Nathan Hughes who apparently moved to Aberbeeg from Trefeca to either open up a woollen mill, take over or be involved in it. Possibly the late 1700s. Nathan would apparently worship in a cottage in Manmoel belonging to David Wynne. they were Calvanist Methodists.

There have been many conversations on roots chat about these people and about the chapel in Manmoel, however the woollen mill and Aberbeeg is new to me.

I know that David Wynne lived in 'Mountain Cottage' but trying to fit things together. It is stated that Nathan was David Wynne's grandfather but there is some discussion about this.  There are 2 Davids..one born 1756 and the other 1785.

Offline Pennie Renee Bunker McPhaden

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: nathan hughes aberbeeg
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 July 18 06:17 BST (UK) »
David Wynne is my husband's 5th great grandfather. Gwen Wynne 3rd great grandmother.

Offline mulberryhouse40

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 September 20 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Pennie
Wondered how your husband comes down from David Wynne. I am trying to place the years. Wondered if it was from David Wynne sir or Jnr.
David Wynne from Manmoel is on my mother’s side
Gill

Offline Stoob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 September 20 07:44 BST (UK) »
Nathan Hughes was the grandfather of Samuel Nathan Jones OBE from Abertillery. The funeral report of the latter in the South Wales Gazette 12 December 1919 mentions the Trevecca family.