Author Topic: Wexford Goal 1885  (Read 6915 times)

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Wexford Goal 1885
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Dathai,
Thanks for your last two messages. Would i be correct that all the information in your two messages has come from the family search website?

If the age is correct in the information I have from Wexford Gaol then that Thomas Audley would have been born in 1818 and would have been 8 years of age in 1826 when the tithe applotments for the Rower were done in 1826 so it is extremely unlikely that one of the Thomas Audleys in the Rower. I also understand that in the Parish of Kilmannan in which is the Townland of Sleedagh the tithe applotment of 1833 does not include any one with the surname Audley. Hence I conclude that the Thomas Audley who was in Wexford goal must have moved from the Rower after 1833.

You also refer to the death of a Thomas Audley in December 1884 ( his wife was called Bridget). This could not be the same Thomas Audley who was sentence to 6 months in Wexford Goal in 1885. There would also appear to be the death of a Thomas Audley between July and Sept 1891 aged 82 in Wexford. This suggests there were two Thomas Audleys livingin Wexford. Do you or any body else know how I can find out more informatoion regarding the Thomas Audley who died in 1891.

Your information has given me a lot of food for thought. I am sure I will have morequeries regarding the other information you have supplied
Thanks for your help
Regards
Brian audley
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 01:53 BST (UK) »
i brought the 1884 death to your attention so you would know there was more than one thomas audley in wexford

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Dathai,
Many thanks for you explanation I now understand
Regards
Brian Audley
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk