Author Topic: Wexford Goal 1885  (Read 7615 times)

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Wexford Goal 1885
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Dathai,
Thanks for your last two messages. Would i be correct that all the information in your two messages has come from the family search website?

If the age is correct in the information I have from Wexford Gaol then that Thomas Audley would have been born in 1818 and would have been 8 years of age in 1826 when the tithe applotments for the Rower were done in 1826 so it is extremely unlikely that one of the Thomas Audleys in the Rower. I also understand that in the Parish of Kilmannan in which is the Townland of Sleedagh the tithe applotment of 1833 does not include any one with the surname Audley. Hence I conclude that the Thomas Audley who was in Wexford goal must have moved from the Rower after 1833.

You also refer to the death of a Thomas Audley in December 1884 ( his wife was called Bridget). This could not be the same Thomas Audley who was sentence to 6 months in Wexford Goal in 1885. There would also appear to be the death of a Thomas Audley between July and Sept 1891 aged 82 in Wexford. This suggests there were two Thomas Audleys livingin Wexford. Do you or any body else know how I can find out more informatoion regarding the Thomas Audley who died in 1891.

Your information has given me a lot of food for thought. I am sure I will have morequeries regarding the other information you have supplied
Thanks for your help
Regards
Brian audley
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 01:53 BST (UK) »
i brought the 1884 death to your attention so you would know there was more than one thomas audley in wexford

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Dathai,
Many thanks for you explanation I now understand
Regards
Brian Audley
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk