Author Topic: Monumental Inscriptions for Tweedsmuir Churchyard  (Read 5064 times)

Offline houseofbrown

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Monumental Inscriptions for Tweedsmuir Churchyard
« on: Sunday 14 July 13 01:40 BST (UK) »
I have recently discovered that my 6xggrandparents, Isabella WELSH & John HOPE, may have been buried in Tweedsmuir.
Little is known of them by me other that I'm guessing that they would have been born approx 1700.
Isabella's father was John Welsh of Corehead.
Would anyone happen to have a list of MI's at Tweedsmuir Churchyard and have a look for me please.
Thank you,   Bill.
Brown , Turnbull  Adamson, Renwick,  Edgar,  Smibbert,  Scott, Irving, Trotter, Brunton (Borders/Selkirk); Burnside, Skirving, Graham (East Lothian),
Emery & Treasure (Somerset). Goode, King, Flack (Cambridge)

Offline waughboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Monumental Inscriptions for Tweedsmuir Churchyard
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 May 17 00:30 BST (UK) »
Bill, I just stumbled upon your post while researching the Welsh family on Corehead. For what I've found so far (as it relates to the Hunter side of my family) please see http://waughfamily.ca/Hunter/index.htm How do you know that your John Welsh (father of Isabella) was born in Corehead? Do you have any more info on the Welsh's buried in Tweedsmuir? Thanks!

Offline barbara13511

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Monumental Inscriptions for Tweedsmuir Churchyard
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 December 17 13:55 GMT (UK) »
There are 10 Welsh names in the Tweedsmuir monumental inscriptions and 6 Hopes.  None with both names on one stone but there are Welsh names in gravestones next to Hope names if that makes sense.  If you can give me a little more info, are there other farms mentioned.