Author Topic: Help please! Morrisons in Collooney  (Read 13734 times)

Offline Nick Ireland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help please! Morrisons in Collooney
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 27 October 18 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hi there, not sure if this helps - there are Blacks in Ballysadare - they are buried in the Church Of Ireland graveyard near Beltra.    Black was my great grandmother's maiden name and there were RIC in her father's line.  Her brother Willy was injured in WW1 and returned to the area to live with her for a while.   Here is a video of Molly Ellis (formerly Glenn), my grandmother, and his niece, talking about the family there in a recording from 1998.  She passed away at 89 in 2005.   We are all up in North County Down now, although I think some of the old family still live in Sligo.   I have some photos here and will return to the area to film in the next month or so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjuxWmBJUT4

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 27 October 18 22:45 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thank you for the link. I recognise the churchyard as I visited there in 1999 and have a few photo of gravestones. My gt uncle Bob Livingston retired from the USA to live in Beltra and is buried at Skreen.

I do not recognise any of the names of the Black family that Molly mentioned but they could be related.

Cheers

Linda (NZ)

Offline Nick Ireland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 October 18 00:51 BST (UK) »
Here are the whole family in 1901 - Mary, the wife/mother, was a Black and Molly her granddaughter was named after her.    Molly's mother Hester Baines is here at 15 years of age.  They are living in Ballysadare.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Sligo/Ballysadare_West/Larkhill/1682458/