Author Topic: Who would like to obtain a copy of a record from the TNA?  (Read 3104 times)

Offline SydneyAuss

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who would like to obtain a copy of a record from the TNA?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 August 13 05:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your help. I would like to see the photos if you have any for the entry of my great grandfather Georghios SYMEOU from the MMC register. I'll have to keep digging. I'm sure something will come up one day regarding those population registers....

Please advise of your fees.

Take care and thanks again,

Kind Regards,

Anthony

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 August 13 22:59 BST (UK) »
hello Anthony

I will need an e-mail address to attach the photos to,

i'm  sorry that your research has been further frustrated but as I said if you do find another possible lead let me know and i'll help if I can.

as for fees, there are none. I incorporate look ups from far and wide with my own research and as I now live in London and being an oldie I don't even have to pay fares.

all the best for now

tony
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline SydneyAuss

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 August 13 15:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tony,

Have sent my email address via private message.

Kind Regards,

Anthony

Offline RCHATG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Serghis Loizou Serghe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 March 23 06:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I see that your ancestor was in the Macedonian Mule Corps, as well. My relative Arghyros Loizou Serghis and his brother Michael Serghi served in WWI in the Macedonian Mule Corps of the UK.

Arghyros Loizou Serghis was born around 1900 and lived in Kato Drys, Cyprus until immigrating to the USA in 1920 (Kato Drys spelling varies). Sometimes his name is put as LoizouSerghis Arghyros or Arghyros LoizouSerghis. His Regiment number was 9306.

Michael Serghi regimental number 11672. He was born around 1899. Arghyros' brother was called Michael Serghi as Arghyros had a different spelling of the last name from his other brothers but had same parents. Cyprus seems to have this issue to this day.

They had a Medal Card and Medal Roll, which I have a copy of, but I am looking for more information on their time in the service. I have checked the National Archives website but have only found their Medal Card and Index not without the help of a few miracles and the  people at Rootschat!

The UK National Archives have WO 405 and WO 405/01. However,  I cannot get access online. I tried contacting them but so far no response from them.

If anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it.

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 20 March 23 08:06 GMT (UK) »

The UK National Archives have WO 405 and WO 405/01. However,  I cannot get access online. I tried contacting them but so far no response from them.

If anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it.
These aren't digitised so you would need to order the items to consult them in person in the Reading Room. You could ask for them to be imaged, but that is expensive and there's no guarantee that there's any information you need in there. The other alternative is to employ a researcher or to get a RootsChat volunteer to look for you.
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline RCHATG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Serghis Loizou Serghe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 06:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much. I am hoping a miracle comes through :)