Author Topic: Lillias Baxter Gunn  (Read 6833 times)

Offline Guinne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lillias Baxter Gunn
« on: Monday 22 July 13 01:13 BST (UK) »
My 1st message so forgive me for mistakes.
I typed in the name of my Great Grandmother. Ann had sent a message a few years ago re the Carrick family of Rothesay. She married Robert Carrick and they went to Liverpool as Ann knew. Due to Robert's health they moved to Melbourne. He worked as a clerk in a store on Flinders Lane and lived another 10 years. I had heard nothing about him until after an aunt died when I found an obituary. My grandmother was still at school. I know there were more children but I cannot remember meeting any of them. One went to WW 1 and remained in the UK.

If anyone knows anything about the Gunn family I would love to know. I assume Lillias talked to my mother about the clearances. She was  certainly much loved by her grandchildren. She was born in Rothesay but the family came from Gunn territory south of Wick.

Thankyou to anyone who can help.

Guinne.
(not the name I usually use but it is being used by another member. I have used the Gaelic spelling of Gunn)

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Lillias Baxter Gunn
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 July 13 01:24 BST (UK) »
Do you have access to ancestry.com at all?  I just checked, and there is a family tree that has Lillias Baxter Gunn, wife of Robert Henry Carrick who had 6 children, and who remarried after Robert died to an Alick Stephen Robinson.  This tree does appear to have sources for the information, and lists her Parents as John Gunn and Elizabeth Harper.  If you don't have an account at ancestry, let me know and I will check the sources on the tree myself, and let you know what information I can find.

Were you wanting to know more about Lillias and Robert's descendants, ancestors, or both?
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand
Oxley - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline Guinne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 July 13 02:08 BST (UK) »
Thankyou very much. This is the first time I have done anything - so no I have no access to anything else. I am very new to this and "feeling my way"

I now know where my grandmother got her name - it is exactly the same as her grandmother's. This is definitely this same person. She did marry Alick Robinson whom I knew. He remarried later. Lillias died in 1942- 2 years before I was born. Her daughter -my grandmother - died the year I was born.

If it is possible to let me have the information from ancestry.com I would like to have it. Thankyou very much.

Guinne

Have you been researching for long? Is it worth joining that search engine too?

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 July 13 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Guinne , welcome to RootsChat  :)

If you sign up to http://www.mundia.com/gb/ you will be able to view the tree that Tikva mentions.
It wont cost you anything to sign up for the site.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records