Author Topic: Grandmother- Anderson/Bibby  (Read 8058 times)

Offline Rintey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Grandmother- Anderson/Bibby
« on: Friday 26 July 13 18:03 BST (UK) »
HI, I'm new to this site. I am looking for information about my grandmother's parents. Her maiden name was Matilda Anderson and she was born in 1895. She was married to Walter Bibby in 1925 at Eastwood in Essex. I have been told that her parents were Edward Anderson and Sarah Livermore but I cannot find any records to support this. I am hoping that someone may know something.
Thanks.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmother- Anderson/Bibby
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 July 13 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Do you know which county she was born in?  There are no matches to those parents on the 1901 census.

Do you have a copy of the 1925 marriage cert showing her age and her fathers name and occupation

Marriages June qtr 1925 
Matilda Anderson/Walter Bibby  Rochford  4a 1416

ADDED

What year did she die and where as there is no death for a Matilda Bibby with an 1895 birthyear 

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Rintey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 July 13 18:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I can't find any records where her parents are mentioned, and as she was a traveller I don't know where she was born. She died in Norwich in 1992. No one in the family ever spoke about them so I know very little, only what I have posted.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 July 13 19:05 BST (UK) »
She doesn't appear to have died as Bibby.

The only death in Norwich in 1992 with a birthyear 1895 was Matilda Morris.  Did she re-marry?

With an additional christian name - also with a birthyear of 1895 and a death in 1992 Norwich is Sophia Matilda Tennant
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 July 13 19:08 BST (UK) »
A Matilda Bibby married Thomas H Morris in 1936 in Billericay Ref December qtr 1936 Billericay 4A 1564

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 July 13 19:12 BST (UK) »
Walter Bibby born 1900 died 1934 Billericay so she was 5yrs older than him

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 26 July 13 19:13 BST (UK) »
The Matilda Morris death reg shows her full birthdate as 17.5.1895 and she was 97 when she died

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 26 July 13 19:17 BST (UK) »
There is no birth reg for a Matilda Anderson fitting that birthdate so here's my theory:

In 1925 she was 30 so I think she may have been married before and Anderson was not her birth surname but her previous married name

You need to buy a copy of her 1925 marriage cert as it will show if she was a widow and will show her fathers name which will give you her birth surname

Offline Rintey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 July 13 15:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your replies.
My grandfather, Walter Bibby, died young and my grandmother remarried to Tom Morris. The marriage certificate to Walter Biiby states her father as Edward Anderson but there is no mention of her mother. Every search I try there is no documentation and it is only hearsay that her mother was Sarah Livermore. I think the only way I will know for certain is if someone knows through family history. I think it is more difficult to trace traveller families due to the nature of their lifestyle, especially over 100 years ago.
Thanks again for your help.