Author Topic: lookin for any relations (Kennedy)  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Zara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
lookin for any relations (Kennedy)
« on: Sunday 12 June 05 22:08 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find anyone who may have been related to a brother my dad never knew existed. He was a James Patrick Kennedy born to James and Teresa Kennedy(Kearney on 16th March 1909 in Airdrie Scotland. He may have been brought up in Ireland from a baby. I think my grandparrnts James and Teresa may have came from Armagh. Only discovered the birth of this brother of my dad's after my dear dad died, and am desperate for the sake of my dear mum who is now in her 92nd year to try to find if there is any family of this James Patrick Kennedy, as she also never knew of his existence. Just desperately want to try to find out what happened to him as I have searched as may records in Scotland, and can find nothing except his baptismal records. He was baptized in All Saints Church Airdrie on 21st March 1909 and his Godmother was a Catherine Kearney. Can anyone help please.

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: lookin for any relations (Kennedy)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 June 05 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If he was only 4 days old at the baptism, I doubt very much if he was born in Ireland. Do you think the family may have been in Ireland when  the 1911 census was taken? you would need to know the town or parish to find them.

Do you have them on the 1901 census in Scotland? Where were they married?

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline Zara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 June 05 23:42 BST (UK) »
Dear Kate, many thanks for answering my message, but think you misunderstood what I said. He was actually born in Airdrie Scotland, but may have been taken across to Ireland as a baby to be brought up there because of my grandmothers bad health, as he did not seem to go to school here and have not found any death records of him here. If you need any more info I will try to help. Yours Zara

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: looking for any relations (Kennedy)
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 June 05 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Zara,

If he wasn't born in Ireland and you don't know where in Armagh he went to, I don't know how you can find him with the records as they are. James Kennedy is too common a name to search for a marriage in the indexes and the 1911 census is not (yet) indexed. You may have to wait for technology to catch up.

Do you know more about the grandparents James and Teresa? Names and dates and places of birth and marriage? Are they on the 1901 census in Scotland?

Or post on a Kennedy message board. You may get lucky there.

Kate

Offline Zara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 June 05 14:46 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for taking time to read my message. All I know of my grandparents James and Teresa is that they were born in Armagh.James was born 1868 and Teresa was born 1882. James parents were a Philip and Ann Jane (Kennedy (McMahon) and Teresa's parents were Patrick and Mary Ann Kearney(Lynch). At some point in time James and Teresa came over to Scotland and were married here in 1905. At the time of their marriage, the only parent on both sides living was Mary Ann Kearney. That is about as much info as I have. Many thanks Cath

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 June 05 14:52 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for taking time to read my message. All I know of my grandparents James and Teresa is that they were born in Armagh.James was born 1868 and Teresa was born 1882. James parents were a Philip and Ann Jane (Kennedy (McMahon) and Teresa's parents were Patrick and Mary Ann Kearney(Lynch). At some point in time James and Teresa came over to Scotland and were married here in 1905. At the time of their marriage, the only parent on both sides living was Mary Ann Kearney. That is about as much info as I have. Many thanks Cath

KENNEDY, James   Birth
   Birth Date:   5 Jun 1868   Birthplace:   52, Armagh, Arm, Ire
         Recorded in:    Armagh, Ireland
         Collection:   Civil Registration
   Father:   Phillip KENNEDY
   Mother:   Anne Jane MCMAHON

KEARNEY, Francis   Bir   1869   Irel   Arma
Fa:   Patrick KEARNEY
Mo:   Mary Anne LYNCH
KEARNEY, Mary   Bir   1871   Irel   Arma
Fa:   Patrick KEARNEY
Mo:   Mary Anne LYNCH
CARNEY, Laurence   Bir   1872   Irel   Cava
Fa:   Patrick CARNEY
Mo:   Mary LYNCH
CARNEY, Michael   Bir   1874   Irel   Cava
Fa:   Patrick CARNEY
Mo:   Mary LYNCH

audrey

audrey

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 June 05 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm with you know. You should be able to find Teresa Kearney's birth in the indexes in Armagh. these are available at your local family history centre.

Regards

Kate