Author Topic: william Rickard clarity b1786  (Read 994 times)

Offline c_rickard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william Rickard clarity b1786
« on: Sunday 28 July 13 20:39 BST (UK) »
Attempting to Validate/confirm  what is correct?

1. William Rickard b 1786, son of Thomas William Rickard and Mary Row,
   married Mary Stevens(b 1880 d 1827) 2 Oct 1808 Grandborough, Buck, 6 children, all per BFHS, St. John the Baptist, Parish Register.

2. William Rickard b 1786, married Susanna Paine(b1790) 29 Aug 1810, 5 children

3. William Rickard b 1786, married Ann Bates (b1799 Wingrave) 2 Dec 1827 Wingrave

Question 1. Who is William #2 and Susanna Paine and where in Buckinghamshire did they come from?  Some people have identified this William as the same one as William #1 but this posses a problem for they both had children at the same time.

Question 2. Is William #1 the same as William #3.

Any help in clarifying this would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: william Rickard clarity b1786
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 July 13 20:44 BST (UK) »
Some people have identified this William as the same one as William #1 but this posses a problem for they both had children at the same time

But were both sets of children given exactly the same names?

You need to forget what others have on their trees and work backwards from what you know (ie) which of their children are you descended from

When and where was that child born and which set of parents fits the details
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 July 13 22:46 BST (UK) »
I agree with Carol.  You need to do your own research. :)

You can purchase the Grandborough PR's CD from BucksFHS, for what is a very modest sum.   

Wingrave PR's have not been published as yet. Look up's on an individual basis are available from their baptism, burial and marriage databases.

IGI is far from complete, and generally does not give all the required info.

Follow other trees at your peril.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline c_rickard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 July 13 21:48 BST (UK) »
 :-\
To both Carol and Steve;
You do not know who I am,  how much research I have done, or what my financial situation is. I turn to Roots Chat for clarification when I run into instances of conflicts or road blocks that I have been unable to sort out. I thought this was the purpose of this  forum.

I started my research into my Rickard Family late in life, as I am a descendant of Lawrence and Joan my goal has turned to tracing all the descendants of Lawrence and Joan.
I have met, via internet, a number of  their descendants who have provided me with very useful information, most times accurate, sometimes not quite so. In all cases the information has enabled me to further my goal.

It would be nice to have unlimited financial resources to purchased all the BucksFHS Cd's, but I don't. I carefully select those that I think would be the most helpful, Grandborough being one, which has lead me to this conflict.

All this to say if you can't help maybe you should keep quiet.

Regards,
Chuck

i

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 July 13 22:19 BST (UK) »
You do not know who I am,  how much research I have done, or what my financial situation is. I turn to Roots Chat for clarification when I run into instances of conflicts or road blocks that I have been unable to sort out. I thought this was the purpose of this  forum.

All this to say if you can't help maybe you should keep quiet.

And perhaps you should take note of how polite we were in trying to help you unlike your own comments ::)

It is a very well known fact that other peoples trees are not always well researched which is why myself and the majority of other RC members always tell people to work from what you know as a fact - not what other people think is your family.

If you work backwards from what you know - you would not be in the dilemma of trying to determine which of the many parents listed are your own ancestors.

Your remarks above are unacceptably rude and do you no favours when asking for help.   
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 July 13 22:24 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=639163.msg4861724#msg4861724

I notice you were given quite a lot of info in March on the above thread but no acknowledgement from you

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 July 13 23:37 BST (UK) »
How do you expect members to help you, if the records or transcriptions available are not free to view.   Wingrave being one of those parishes.
Do you expect the members to pay for look ups for your research.

As mentioned, I have previously given you answers, which you have not acknowledged.

If you are offended by suggestions, then what are we to do.

I do not know your financial situation, and you have no idea of my own........and I can assure you, it's pretty poor on my part.

Anyway, good luck with your research, and I hope you find the answers you deserve.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline c_rickard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 04:23 BST (UK) »
 :(Hi Carol and Steve:
I am thoroughly chastised, you are right I don't know either of you and I was very negligent in not thanking Steve for his previous assistance.

I had taken Steve's previous advise and obtained a few Cd's from BucksFHS. and they have been a valuable aid in validating my data. I also know when looking at others trees, one must take the information with a grain of salt.

I in no way, am asking anyone to pay for information or look ups on my behalf. All I was asking was if someone could clear up some conflicts I had.

Thanks for your feedback, I will attempt to be more clear in the future when asking questions.

Sincerely,
Chuck