Author Topic: Te Pakaru Wahanui Karora  (Read 1599 times)

Offline igetkrunkent

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Te Pakaru Wahanui Karora
« on: Thursday 01 August 13 02:52 BST (UK) »
Kia Ora

I am trying to find information on my great great grandfather Te Pakaru Wahanui Karora. He had 4 children Pita Te Pakaru, Timi Heemi Te Pakaru/Hemi Heemi or Heemi Pakaru (My Great Grandfather), Motai Te Pakaru & Niheta Pakaru.

I am not too sure who his wife was as I know my Uncle Motai's mother was Rangi but he had a different mother to my great grandfather. Im not too sure if his mum might be Kororia Hareirua Thompson as my mother carries a name of a nanna my mother's name is Gloria Kororia Heemi Te Pakaru. If anyone knows any whakapapa or information on the te pakaru whanau that would be great.

Kind regards
Herewini
Taumataherea
Hohaia
Tutanumia
Wharepapa
Te Pakaru
Waaka
Walker
Ormsby
Adamson
Bourke
Signal

Offline minniehaha

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die"
    • View Profile
Re: Te Pakaru Wahanui Karora
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 August 13 04:17 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Not sure if this is helpful but there are a number of references on "paperspast.natlib.govt.nz" with mention made of the name, Te Pakaru........

Minniehaha.
HAMMOND, Cainham/Caynham, Shropshire, U.K. Otago-NZ.
GALBRAITH, Ireland, Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Kensington-London, U.K.
GRANT, Sct., Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Vancouver, Canada.
GLASS, Aberdeenshire, Otago-NZ.
CAIRNEY/CARNEY/KEARNEY/Ireland, Airdrie, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
O'BRIEN Mary Ann, Limerick, Otago-NZ.
NICOL(L) James, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
SCOTT Thomas, Shetland, Otago-NZ.
MCHARDY/MCHARDIE Euphemia, Scotland, Otago-NZ.

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 August 13 05:42 BST (UK) »
 Hi there

Have you tried family search.org? There is a record of Te Pakaru Wiremu in 1830 born at Ngatitekirewai Waikato  who may be an ancestor. There is also a Te Pakaru Karora with a spouse Te Pakaru Rangi  and a child named Niheta born 1888 died 1942.  There are also several others with the name Te Pakaru whose names you may recognise.

Go to the New Zealand records and scroll till you come to IGI records.

Good luck  Orkrad .

Offline Thompson_TTK

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 May 19 07:04 BST (UK) »
Kia Ora

My grandmother was Kororia Hareruia Thompson nee Pakaru. Her father was Robert Pita Karora Pakaru. Unfortunately she passed away in 2011. She didn't know much about her father's whanau or any whakapapa. Our whanau have been trying to piece together her whakapapa

My hope is that you might be able to shed some light about the Pakaru whanau as we have no knowledge of them at all.

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 May 19 01:58 BST (UK) »
I'm off on holiday tomorrow and will try to get back to you shortly. Regards Orkrad

Offline orkrad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 June 19 02:42 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately i have been unable to find any information on your whanau. The only information readily available  on line appears to be the Electoral Rolls. For 1963 East Cape Eastern Maori roll there appear to be quite a few Pakaru family. Motai in Tirau, Peter and wife at Matakana island , Reheta (? ) at Te Teko and Eva at Te Aroha. Perhaps someone with ready access to the  electoral rolls might be able to help further.  Auckland Public Library offers a search facility for Whakapapa  and the Auckland  Family History Expo  to be held early in August at the Fickling Centre ( Three Kings Auckland ) might be a helpful start if you live on or near that venue.  Regards Orkrad