Author Topic: Railway Cottages, Dutch River Goole, Where were they? *COMPLETED*  (Read 3010 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Railway Cottages, Dutch River Goole, Where were they? *COMPLETED*
« on: Thursday 01 August 13 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have a death certificate for a family member who died in 1932 in Doncaster, the informant was his daughter who was living at that time at "Railway Cottages" Dutch River Goole.
Does anyone know where they are/were?, I have googled them but cannot find them, any help would be appreciated, just thought I would ask prior to going out on a hunt, ;D
Regards always,
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RAILWAY COTTAGES, DUTCH RIVER GOOLE, WHERE WERE THEY?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 August 13 17:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Frank..Dutch River...Goole is mentioned here...you might want to email them to see if they can enlighten you about the Railway Cottages:

FAMILIES

Interesting as the farming background might be, the lives of those people who farmed the land, worked on the farms,lived in the canal and railway cottages, maintained the rails, and manned the points and the signal box at Oak Hill Junction, have disappeared from view. The intention of this record is to bring them into focus

http://www.oakhillnature.org/history-of.html

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 August 13 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, thanks for the reply, I have emailed them to see if they could tell me where they were, at least I know they are not around anymore.
Many thanks and best regards as always,
Frank. :)
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 August 13 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Frank,

If you google the following : The Yorkshire Waterways Museum

Take a look at the address for the place ;D

There's a link that you can click on for directions/map.

Edited to add the following link.

http://www.list.co.uk/place/20007553-the-yorkshire-waterways-museum/#map

Also edited to add that 192.com there's listings for Railway cottages, Dutch River Side, Goole DN14 8BN - unfortunately the google streetview doesn't look like it has been down their, hence unable to see if they are old or new housing.

Kev.
Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Railway Cottages, Dutch River Goole, Where were they?
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 August 13 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Kev, nice one  ;) I'll check that out.
Regards,
Frank.

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Railway Cottages, Dutch River Goole, Where were they?
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 August 13 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, many thanks to lbbo2000 and Treetotal for there help, I can now say I have found the premises I was looking for.
Besy regards always,
Frank. :)