Author Topic: Australia - Anthony George WILSON  (Read 24525 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Australia - Anthony George WILSON
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 August 13 07:46 BST (UK) »
Leanne
Are you able to tell us the source of the information you have posted to help Carol?

Anthony George Wilson's parents:
Thomas Wilson 1839 Ireland - 1913 Ireland
Elizabeth Nolan  1855

Sue

EDIT
Sorry, I just realised my query was not very clear.
I meant,
Leanne, is the information I have highlighted from your post something you have unearthed in regard to the people on the electoral Roll or are you just quoting information from Carol's original post.?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carlos555

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 August 13 09:28 BST (UK) »
Data Corrections / Updates:

Year he emigrated to Australia: 1915 plus or minus 1 year (instead of 1913 / 1914).

It seems that Anthony George Wilson was still alive in 1934 and that by the time he was living in the area of Melbourne.  No news from him since that date.

And finally, his real name could be George Anthony Wilson (instead of Anthony George Wilson) and he might be known as George Wilson.

I feel that I am getting closer, but need some help.

Thanks.

Offline Leanne.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 August 13 11:25 BST (UK) »
Leanne
Are you able to tell us the source of the information you have posted to help Carol?

Anthony George Wilson's parents:
Thomas Wilson 1839 Ireland - 1913 Ireland
Elizabeth Nolan  1855

Sue

EDIT
Sorry, I just realised my query was not very clear.
I meant,
Leanne, is the information I have highlighted from your post something you have unearthed in regard to the people on the electoral Roll or are you just quoting information from Carol's original post.?

The information was from her post but it was also from another tree that I found. I didn't look for actual records yet because I wanted to make sure I was looking for the right person.
Researching Whitby from England & Australia, Taylor from Scotland & Australia, Norman/Normand from France & Australia. Other last names in my tree Raeburn, Appleby, Ingram, Lynch, Hayes, Baker, Ketley, Newman, Dobson, Holdsworth, Summerill, Summerell.

Offline Leanne.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 August 13 11:26 BST (UK) »
Data Corrections / Updates:

Year he emigrated to Australia: 1915 plus or minus 1 year (instead of 1913 / 1914).

It seems that Anthony George Wilson was still alive in 1934 and that by the time he was living in the area of Melbourne.  No news from him since that date.

And finally, his real name could be George Anthony Wilson (instead of Anthony George Wilson) and he might be known as George Wilson.

I feel that I am getting closer, but need some help.

Thanks.

I came across quite a few records for George Anthony Wilson I will have another look and see if any info matches your info.
Researching Whitby from England & Australia, Taylor from Scotland & Australia, Norman/Normand from France & Australia. Other last names in my tree Raeburn, Appleby, Ingram, Lynch, Hayes, Baker, Ketley, Newman, Dobson, Holdsworth, Summerill, Summerell.

Offline carlos555

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
George Anthony WILSON - Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: Friday 30 August 13 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to find my relative George Anthony WILSON and his descendants, if any. This is the information I have:

Name: George Anthony WILSON
Parents names: Thomas Wilson and Elizabeth Nolan.
Place of Birth: Edgeworthstown, Co. Longford, Ireland
Year of Birth: 1894.

I now that he was still alive in 1934 and living in the area of Melbourne. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: George Anthony WILSON - Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: Friday 30 August 13 09:15 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this is relevant ?
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article23035007

Legacy
IS George Anthony Wilson,who came from Ireland to Australia 36 years ago, still
alive? If he is, there is nearly £900 awaiting him from his sister's estate.
The Irish Embassy in Canberra reports that his sister,Mrs. Eleanor Marie Smithwick,
a childless widow, died without making a will and left £7,100.
Originally there was a familyof 10 boys and girls. The executrix, Mrs. Ethel Tuite,
told the President of the High Court in Dublin that nothing had been heard of Wilson for
17 years. She asked that she be allowed to conclude the administration of the personal
estate as if the missing George Wilson had died during Mrs. Smithwick's lifetime ...

cheers,
  Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline carlos555

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 30 August 13 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Ross,

It's indeed very relevant. In fact, that is the latest information I have from my relative and that's how I know that in 1934 he was still alive and living in the area of Melbourne. But from this date I have no information at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 30 August 13 09:35 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry, but I do not see how that news item published in 1951, places him in Melbourne in 1934.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carlos555

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 30 August 13 11:39 BST (UK) »
Well, this article is published in The Argus (a Melbourne local newspaper) in 1951, and it says that nothing had been heard of this Wilson for 17 years. That's why I think that he was still alive and in Melbourne at least in 1934.