Author Topic: Caseras Village Malaga Provence, Spain  (Read 1779 times)

Offline AuntyGene

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caseras Village Malaga Provence, Spain
« on: Sunday 04 August 13 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hola/Hello

My husband's grandmother was born in the village of Caseras in Malaga Provence in 1880 and this year in December, we are going back to his roots and visiting the village.  Previous members of the family have not had much success in finding the house where she lived but there were many 'old' people in the village willing to help.  I know there were no censuses as such but can anyone advise me on how to go about locating the house where she lived from 1880 until about 1898.  I also would like to know more on the cemetery there and if any of the gravestones have been put on the internet.

The lady in question was: Gertrudis Quiros Gonzalez Born 1880 in Caseras, she moved to Gibraltar to work as a companion to the Governor or Gibraltar's wife.  She met and married an English army man called Edward Conroy born 1878 in Birkenhead, Cheshire, England.   They married at St. Mary's Cathedral in Gibraltar and lived in the army barracks there.  They had 11 children in all, with about 4 being born in Gibraltar and the rest in England.  Gertrudis died in 1939 in Birkenhead, Cheshire, England.

Her parents were called Manuel Quiros Perez born 1853 in Caseras and Micaela Gonzalez Borrego also in 1853. They both died in Caseras.

I am hoping to find their graves when I visit the cemetery.  Any suggestions for finding out more information on this family would be much appreciated.

Aunty Gene

Offline Erin2012

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Caseras Village Malaga Provence, Spain
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 August 13 07:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

To know where your familys house was, perhaps city hall might hold old records?

The town looks fairly small, so I imagine there is only one cemetery. If the records were not destroyed during the civil war, then the church might have them... It really depends if the same cemetery is in use as well.

I do not live near Malaga but let me know if you want me to call the city hall and ask them some questions for you.
Keane (Westmeath)
Ledwith (Longford/Westmeath)
Gray (Sligo)
Eustace (Louth)
Frost (Suffolk)
Farrar (Yorkshire)
La Favor/Lefebvre (Quebec)
Mineard/Maynard/Mainard/ Maynord (Wiltshire/Monmouthshire)