Author Topic: Rose McDunn/McDonald abt 1812 in Westmeath County  (Read 9412 times)

Offline MMCADEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rose McDunn/McDonald abt 1812 in Westmeath County
« Reply #27 on: Friday 06 September 19 23:26 BST (UK) »
"Lord have mercy on the soul of Patrick Muckedon Late of Winetown, who Departed this life August the 1st of A.D. 1818, aged 59 years. Also, his wife Rose Muckedon alias Murtaugh Departed 29th August 185? age 86 years. Erected by their Son Patrick Muckedon"

This is a good fit for a parent to Patrick Muckedon reported on the standing HDST. Thank you for posting it. BTW a local informed me when I was there, that there are several older HDSTs laying down and some belong to this family.

Thank you again for the update and new HDST write up!
Interested in the US-McDUNN / MCADEN / MCADDEN / MUCKEDON family history,and variants Westmeath Co. Ireland.  Have read parts of John McDunn's scholarly work on the US-McDunn descendants of Patrick Muckedon of Winetown Co. Westmeath, Ireland.

Offline MMCADEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 07 September 19 23:23 BST (UK) »
Interested in the US-McDUNN / MCADEN / MCADDEN / MUCKEDON family history,and variants Westmeath Co. Ireland.  Have read parts of John McDunn's scholarly work on the US-McDunn descendants of Patrick Muckedon of Winetown Co. Westmeath, Ireland.

Offline MMCADEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 12 September 19 06:19 BST (UK) »
"Lord have mercy on the soul of Patrick Muckedon Late of Winetown, who Departed this life August the 1st of A.D. 1818, aged 59 years. Also, his wife Rose Muckedon alias Murtaugh Departed 29th August 185? age 86 years. Erected by their Son Patrick Muckedon"

This is a good fit for a parent to Patrick Muckedon reported on the standing HDST. Thank you for posting it. BTW a local informed me when I was there, that there are several older HDSTs laying down and some belong to this family.

Thank you again for the update and new HDST write up!

After some more research,  this individual is likely not as I thought before. And so not a parent to he on the standing stone.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 12 September 19 07:11 BST (UK) »

In case others are wondering about location....

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.