Author Topic: Longford parish registers Derbyshire - Millington family  (Read 3948 times)

Offline DE LA POLE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Longford parish registers Derbyshire - Millington family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 May 22 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Mo,

Sorry I have just noticed your reply. Yes John Millington (1597-1656) in his Will expects his son John Millington (1625-81) to marry Elizabeth Holmes the daughter of Thomas Holmes, but he did not do so, he married Dorothy Hadfield (1637-1663) on 01/07/1658 at All Saints Parish Church, Brailsford, Derbyshire. These are my direct ancestors. I know some of her direct ancestors. She died aged only 26. John then married Margery Bower in August 1677 Sudbury Derbyshire. It is a while since I looked at this but I recall looking at a document in the National Archive which records that John Millington at his death left a box full of documents which are then listed. I only trace my direct lines and get a bit vague about siblings. I meant to put Greenwood not Millington for the Visitation. The Greenwood's were John Millington's (1637-1681) mother's family. Captain Robert Greenwood was her brother. I don't know the origins of Rowland Millington. All I have is his marriage in Ashbourne in 1591 to Dorothy Botte. I am aware that there were Millington's in Hognaston, and I have seen it speculated in a book about Cambridge University alumni that the Hollington Millington's are linked to the Millington family at Felly Priory in Nottinghamshire, but I have no further information. A connection with either of these families is possible. The surname Millington comes from Millington in Cheshire.

Chris

Offline Mo Whitaker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Longford parish registers Derbyshire - Millington family
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 May 22 07:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Chris
Every little twig and branch helps.
Mo