Author Topic: PEDEN Hugh b.1628 Scotland d. Antrim (Ballymena?)  (Read 13917 times)

Offline patterson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PEDEN Hugh b.1628 Scotland d. Antrim (Ballymena?)
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 16 September 15 10:59 BST (UK) »
http://www.genealogy.com/forum/regional/countries/topics/ireland/74855/

Re Elizabeth Peden

1831 Mary GIBSON (Peden) Templepatrick Templepatrick Antrim View more detials View Household Members Add to mybookmarks 1831 Margaret MCMEEHIN (Peden) Ballymartin Ballymartin Antrim View more detials View Household Members Add to mybookmarks 1857 Andrew PEDEN Rickamore Templepatrick Antrim View more detials View Household Members Add to mybookmarks 1857 Margret PEDEN (Brown) Rickamore Templepatrick Antrim View more detials View Household Members Add to mybookmarks 1857 Margret PEDEN Rickamore Templepatrick Antrim View more detials View Household Members Add to mybookmarks 1857 Alexander PEDEN Rickamore Templepatrick Antrim. Don't know if this will be helpful, my friend in Ballymena Family History Society turned it up for me Maggie Little. Maggie manages our society site on the net. Have a look for North of Ireland Family History Society. You can Join it. Our problem is the loss of most census and church records prior to 1922..
Regards for now
Ronnie Moffett Mom  was a Peden.

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 16 September 15 15:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, please thank Maggie Little too for me, as it takes time and effort to look information out.

I was hoping that this ancient bible might have some clues to who married whom pre 1800 that marciemanning had......

regards Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jjmcharg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 31 March 16 11:25 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure if this helps in any way, but I'll pass it along just in case:

My 2x Great Grandfather: William Peden (b. 1842 -d. 1868) Newtonards, Down, Ireland
Father: James Peden (b. 1809) of Newtonards, Down.
I don't yet have any information on James' wife.

William married my 2x Great Grandmother Sarah Jane Dunlop (in Newtonards) and they had three children: Hugh (abt. 1865), Margaret Jane (abt. 1866) and Mary (abt. 1869). Sarah Jane remarried and moved to Glasgow  after William's death and eldest son Hugh stayed with the family for a number of years. I don't yet have any information on the daughters - I'm still working on the Peden family branch of my tree. I can, however, provide more details on William's wife Sarah Jane if needed.

Good luck in your research.

Jim
Paternal: McHarg, Stevenson, Warnock, Chalmers, Penman, Bremner, Dunlop, Peden, McGuiness, Hall
Maternal: McGraw, Campbell, Ocelle, Edson, Shades, Murphy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 31 March 16 12:06 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Brown1777

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 31 March 16 15:50 BST (UK) »
marciemanning

I have just picked up on one of your earlier posts about the Rev.Alexander Peden.  You might be interested to note that in Laurence Kirkpatrick's book "Presbyterians in Ireland - an Illustrated History" - "Glenwherry Church was built in 1825, though Presbyterians in this area had before been attached to Ballyclare". "The famous Covenanter fugitive Alexander Peden was sheltered in this region in 1682".

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 February 19 03:10 GMT (UK) »
An old thread I know, but has anyone come across Peden’s in Newry Co Armagh or Down??  I have a marriage there in the 1850’s.

Bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 24 November 19 18:45 GMT (UK) »
[Also aware that this is an old thread.]

Marciemanning, I was wondering if you could post some more details of the family bible.  Where is it / what does it say about John Peden and Helen Caldwell and their descendants?

Steve, did you ever get to the bottom of the Simpson/Peden connection to the Stevensons of Ballypallady?

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 04 December 19 13:25 GMT (UK) »
[Think I am an old thread some days  ;D ]

I can find no evidence that Daniel Peden's family in Carncastle are from the same branch that went to America, or related to Rev Alexander.

Unless this bible could shed some light.

The Stevenson link is still ongoing, Han's mother was a Sherriff but one of Dan's daughters married a Sherriff.

I can find no link to Pedens in any other areas BUT......Templepatrick family might be linked to them.

So onwards

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 04 December 19 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Lol  :)

So that would mean the wife of James Stevenson (c1756-1828) was Ann Sherriff (d. 1796)?  Where did you find that nugget of information?

Do you think maybe Thomas Sheriff and Helena Peden could be the grandparents of Hans Stevenson?