Author Topic: Anyone recognise this little piece of Stevenage cemetery memory?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Anyone recognise this little piece of Stevenage cemetery memory?
« on: Tuesday 06 August 13 12:49 BST (UK) »
My grandparents died in 1987 and 1990 respectively in Stevenage and I'm 99.9% certain they were buried in Stevenage. I only remember visiting their grave once, maybe twice, with my parents when I was younger but I don't know the name of the cemetery... I have Almond Lane pencilled in with a question mark but I don't know that it was for sure. I remember the gates at the entrance and just inside was a rectangle for cars and a water butt thing for watering cans... then a pathway going up and to the left, with my grandparents' grave more or less directly ahead of the entrance. Does anyone recognise this? I appreciate it isn't exactly an exclusive feature of one cemetery!

Thanks.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone recognise this little piece of Stevenage cemetery memory?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

details of contact etc., and plan here . . . . .

http://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-stevenage/33782/33786/

Good luck
Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone recognise this little piece of Stevenage cemetery memory?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 18:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks. Of the two, I think Almond Lane is certainly closer to what I remember, although I don't recall the path being quite that much of a right angle.

I do recall the time we went there because my aunt had had the bright idea of planting a conifer on the grave. One of those mini ones, you might think? Unfortunately not... lol Took ages to dig up...