Author Topic: Hawarden Look up request  (Read 7980 times)

Offline shellsings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden Look up request
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone, the marriage in Hawarden looks promising and thanks Deidre for looking for the names of the children for me. I wish now I had FindMyPast instead of ancestry! I really appreciate all of your help! This is a very exciting day for me. I have had this wall for a long time. I only had a marriage in London and no other info of where the couple were from. It has taken years to get to this point.

Michelle

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:42 BST (UK) »
Burials:
Cathe, dau of Geo and Mary 21 Dec 1768
Cathe, dau of Geo and Mary 2 Nov 1771
George, father George, 14 Mar 1777
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:45 BST (UK) »
...  thanks Deidre for looking for the names of the children for me.

Makes a change to look for an unusual surname  ;D
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:47 BST (UK) »
There's another burial...
Francis, son of George and Mary on 20 Nov 1785 (didn't find his baptism though  ???)
Deirdre

Edited: baptism on 31 May 1782, son of George and Mary

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:47 BST (UK) »
George Jepson born 1741 died buried 8 March 1813 age 72 - listed as a shopkeeper

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:51 BST (UK) »
Later baptisms (didn't search far enough initially, sorry):
Elizabeth 1784 (3 Mar)
Sydney 1786 (20 Aug)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:53 BST (UK) »
Burial of wife Mary:
19 Sep 1818, age 78 (widow of George, shopkeeper)

Offline shellsings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:54 BST (UK) »
Wow thanks Kay and Deidre I will have a busy evening researching all of these. I cannot thank you enough! I am so relieved to get further back. I have loads of information on the later Jepson's.

Never easy when they marry away from their home towns! I had a marriage in London to go on and baptisms in London and Northamptonshire of their children! Now appears John was from Hawarden and Mary his wife from Chester. They lived in London for a few years before settling in Northamptonshire. Mary died there and John died in Richmond Surrey. It was only from searching the newspaper archives today, I finally got this break! Thanks so much!

Offline shellsings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 20:37 BST (UK) »
Deidre, sorry to bother you, are the dates of the children of George and Mary, in brackets baptism dates or birthdates?

Michelle