Author Topic: Llety, Rhoscolyn in the 1860's  (Read 21720 times)

Offline Berylwyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llety, Rhoscolyn in the 1860's
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 March 15 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Came across your page and Lewis Rowland 1872-1907 is my great grandfather. Richardemlyn mentions a possible 10th child for for Lewis and Margaret Rowland and if my memory serves me right I too found this child. However, if my memory serves me right, this child turned out to be the grandson. If you are interested in this child(who was a boy) I am happy to dig out my records.
I will certainly be reading all the information on this page and if I have information that is helpful to anybody I am happy to share.

Offline richardemlyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 March 15 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Evening Berylwyn,

Nice to read your post, I have my basic tree written down neatly, I would certainly like to compare research with you since nobody else in the family has done this work. The main tree is as per previous post on this thred but I have at least 50 other names of descendants of members of this main tree. I found that my daughter worked with her 2nd cousin but had no idea until she just casually happened to look at some of my scribblings !!!!  I have not seen a Beryl Wyn in there yet !!!

I have dates of birth and register office certificate numbers for many in the tree. There is a possibility of one Rowlands having emigrated to America and a possible link to the Rowlands in Liverpool who built the Welsh Streets in Toxteth. There are Rowlands in Holyhead but I havn't yet cracked that line, yet.

There's also a Rowlands who married a Bulkeley, who was related to John of Gaunt who was related to Richard 3rd. There is another one who was born at Plas Penmynydd and possibly related to Henry 8th.  The thought of being related to a Plantaganet king and a Tudor king, even though through marrige, is fascinating and of course until proven, is just a theory and only a theory. It would make a great story if true. Also, the name Rowlands does not appear as a written word until 1067, which suggests that we have French blood. There are a number of Lewis's in the tree, Lewis being the French Louie of course.

Can I please post my main tree to you or meet to discuss? I live on Anglesey.

Thanks for reponding.

Richard Emlyn

Offline Berylwyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 19 March 15 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard,
I have been working on this tree for a number of years with not much information coming forth from the family. My grandmother was the daughter of Lewis Rowlands and Jane Jones who unfortunately died when she was very young. My grandmother Margaret Ellen, married Richard Jones (Rhoscolyn) and moved to Caernarfon, where my grandfather was a policeman. They had two sons, Jack Lewis Jones and Leonard Jone. Jack had 8 children and Len (my father ) had two daughters Beryl Wyn and Ceri Wyn. My oldest cousin is Peter Lewis and his oldest son also carries the Lewis as a middle name.
I would love to meet up with you but unfortunately I live in the South East of England, so if you don't mind sending me your tree I would love to see it. I don't know how this works but in case you need my email address it is email address removed by moderator. My Rowland tree is with Ancestry and if you would like to see it, just send me your email address and I will send you an invite.
Lovely to be in touch with family,
Beryl

There has been a story in my father's family that they were related to the Tudors and that they loaned some money to Henry VII (before he became king) but never received payment back. If it is possible to prove that we are related to him, do you think we have a claim?

I noticed you are in touch with Aled and if he is the same Aled that I been touch with, he has been a great source of help to me with my tree in the past.

Offline Taffybont

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 01:18 BST (UK) »
My name is Gillian née Lewis, I lived at Fron Dirion Four Mile Bridge, my grandmother was Mary Owen née Rowlands. Richard Emlyn I remember as a child. I remember my uncle Dick, (Richard Emlyn's grandfather) coming to our house every Sunday for lunch. I used to go to Richard Emlyn's  house in Llanfachraeth his father was referred to as Owie spelt wrong I'm sure. Some of the information he has is not correct. My Mother Ann Jane Lewis née Owen, Mary's daughter married to Robert Hughes Lewis ( Bob) lived at Llys Y Gwynt Holyhead. Uncle Dick called my Mother Annie. I remember Sarah Jones lived in Llanfachraeth across the road from the pub. Aunty Sarah had to daughters I know of. My aunty Lal was one, married to Uncle Reg Mennai Bridge. They had two children Eleri and Wynn, I still am in contact with Eleri. Aunty Maggie the other daughter lived near Valley camp and used to shut the gates for the trains to pass without traffic on the road, she was called Maggie crossing by us and lived next to the railway line untile she moved to Valley. Maggie had many children most have passed away but Enid and Peggy are alive,
Enid in Vally and Peggy in Four Mile Bridge.  I would dearly love to hear from Beryl Wyn Hughes and Richard Emlyn my email address is    email address removed  I have started searching the family only a month ago with help from a lady in America who is Welsh.  Do Richard Emlyn or Beryl Wyn Hughes know who is the father of Lewis Rowlands 1900 or 1901 mother Mary Owen née Rowlands Fron Dirion. My family lived in Penbontbach up to Fron Dirion   We are family. Thank you hoping to hear from you.

Offline Taffybont

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 02:13 BST (UK) »
Richard Emlyn can you please contact me your Grandfather was my grandmother brother. I remember you as a child in Llanfachraeth. We used to visit your home with uncle Dick ( Richard Rowlands  he lived at Penbontbach ) then at Bontlwyd Or Bontlwyd lwyd I remember being in that house. Your grandfather I last saw in Bryngwran in Mary's house. He was lovely we thought the world of him. My email           My Mother is Ann Jane lewis née Owen, uncle Dich called her Annie, my father is Robert Hughes Lewis, (Bob) Llys y Gwynt Holyhead. Would really love to hear from you please. I'm new to all this only been looking a month. You, I'm sure will not remember me, but I remember you and I think a brother? Hope to hear from you Richard Emlyn. I have written to Berylwyn also, hope both of you won't mind. Gill

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 10:07 BST (UK) »
Dear Berylwyn and Tallybont,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

We ask members not to publish their email address on the website as once it is public it can be picked up by spammers who then send you spam emails.

The safe way to exchange private information is through the private messaging function, here is a link for help on this http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php   Just scroll down until you see the picture of the profile that shows you what button to click on ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline richardemlyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 17:00 BST (UK) »
Gillian,

This is a surprise, didn't expect you to pop up here but very glad you did. Firstly there are two Emlyn's in the family. The eldest one is the one you remember, Uncle Owie's son who now lives in Wrexham, has two brothers, Wyn who worked in MEM in Holyhead and Alun who runs a garage in Bryngwran. The other Emlyn is me, Richard Emlyn, Dad Lewis and Mother Maggie, lived in Bodffordd and Llangefni, I had an insurance business in Holyhead at the bottom of Holborn Road round the corner from your mum and dad in Rhosygaer Ave, your mum called in to see me almost every morning for 5mins to check if all was well, she was a real 'cymeriad' and always cheerful. Your dad and my dad kept cage birds and I remember calling at Llys y Gwynt when both would talk for endless hours about 'Nicos' and Canaries. There is more I could say to jog your memory but lets see if you remember yourself first.   I only found Beryl about 2 months ago via here. Beryl has done a lot of research, more than me but so far we seem to agree and all that we have found plus there are some fascinating possibilities that we need to look at. I'm sure between us we can supply you with quite a lot of info that will save you lots of time. And by the way, do you remember Kenneth, I found him living around 25 miles away from Beryl on the South coast.
Richard Emlyn 

Offline Taffybont

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 06:02 BST (UK) »
Emlyn of course I know who you are I knew you in your Mother Maggie's tummy, lol  we attended your wedding. How's Jenny. Have sent you an email. Spoke to Beryl last night told her I'm the boss as I'm the eldest lol. I have no idea how this roots stuff works so please email me Emlyn same thing I asked Beryl. Can we share please! You didn't mention living in Gwalchmai on the quarry site where you lived in your early life. Sorry never connected you to MY lol lol uncle Dick, do you remember Z the car.
As I said you have a few things wrong, but I'm going on memory.
I have been so blessed with Steve I told you about from Llanddanial Fab,I owe him everything.
If you both want me to see something email please. I will post the photos of gmother and ggmother, one day but right now it's all to much to do, I'm very interested in Trevor Owen my gmothers second husband and his family it so humbling. Not sure if this will go on site. How much time would it take to learn to use Roots..I may not live that long lol ::) ::) ::) Thank you Beryl and Emlyn.

Offline SusanDavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 28 May 15 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard
You wrote:
I have quite a bit of info on Lewis and Margaret's children, particularly their descendants mainly for Ann Jane who married Fred Mawdsley and had three children, Mary who married a John Williams - one of their children Annie married Bob Lewis and kept the Garreglwyd home in Holyhead

I am helping a LEWIS friend with her tree and we cannot find the marriage of Mary Rowland(s) to John Williams although she appears as a widow and as Mary Williams in the 1911 census, together with her 10 yr old son Lewis Rowlands (father unknown). I HAVE found her marriage in 1917 to Trevor Owen. They had daughter Ann Jane but father Trevor died in 1922.
Can you help us with Mary's first marriage to John Williams? Did they have any children?
Thanks
SUSAN DAVIES