Author Topic: Christina Hogg Henderson  (Read 8531 times)

Offline Stuart273

• RootsChat Member
  • 2016 Panto - Upgraded to Yorkshire Yokel.
    • View Profile
Christina Hogg Henderson
« on: Monday 12 August 13 15:40 BST (UK) »
Hi all.

Ancestry.co.uk hints that the above named Christina Hogg Henderson (born c.1962, maiden name Wilson) may have been in Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia at some point between 1901 and 1927. Whether this is fact I'm not sure as Christina died in Edinburgh in 1927 and I'm not aware of any members of the family who emigrated, even temporarily. She had a daughter called Annie-Georgina Murray Henderson who was born in 1900.

If anyone can help verify or disprove this I'd be very grateful as it's not the most common combination of names. If any further information about her or her family would help please feel free to ask.

Cheers
Stuart
General:
Scotland - Henderson, Rutherford, Tofts, Green, Philp/Philip, Cook
England/Wales - Helps, Jones, Wright, Petheram (Axbridge and surrounding areas, Somerset)
Canada: Rutherford, Green
New Zealand: Rutherford

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Christina Hogg Henderson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 August 13 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Stuart

Ancestry seem to have a Christina Hogg Henderson in Macquarie/Macarthur, NSW  on electoral rolls in 1943/49/54 & 58   ::)   

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Stuart273

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 August 13 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Stuart

Ancestry seem to have a Christina Hogg Henderson in Macquarie/Macarthur, NSW  on electoral rolls in 1943/49/54 & 58   ::)   

Rosie

Thanks Rosie, guess I can cross Australia off the list then! Though having said that a google search reveals listings for Annie-Georgina Murray Henderson as follows:

Annie Georgina Murray Henderson   1930    New South Wales    Warringah        
Annie Georgina Murray Henderson   1936    New South Wales    Cowper        
Annie Georgina Murray Henderson   1937    New South Wales    Parramatta    

So it might be that Annie had a daughter who she named after her mother - that seems to have been common in Scotland. Is there any chance someone can look this up for me please?
General:
England/Wales - Helps, Jones, Wright, Petheram (Axbridge and surrounding areas, Somerset)

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 August 13 22:34 BST (UK) »
Gee maybe there was another family of Henderson's in Australia.... Maybe Ancestry could give you a hint on that!!

Blind leads are useless to follow, some concrete evidence, may prove worthwhile and could be checked, maybe...

Facts are important, not hints or family stories or that someone has it on good information.

Neil ::)
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 August 13 22:50 BST (UK) »
At NSW state records there is a probate packet for Christina Hogg Henderson date of death 1/2/1965
http://investigator.records.nsw.gov.au/Entity.aspx?Path=\Item\1191483

cheers,
   Ros

(can photograph for you in a couple of weeks)
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 August 13 22:58 BST (UK) »
SMH 25th Feb 1965

In the will of Christina Hogg Henderson, late of Wentworth Falls, spinster, deceased
.... probate granted to Hedley John Proctor, the executor ...

regards,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Stuart273

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 August 13 23:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry Neil if I was a bit too speculative for you - I am new to this board you know :) However sometimes facts can be ascertained through speculation.
The combinations of the names Christina Hogg Henderson and Annie-Georgina Murray Henderson can't be that common I'd've thought. And if it isn't explored somehow then I'll never know. Yes it may lead up a blind alley, but better to have tried and failed than not tried at all, surely?

Ros, thank you for your information, most interesting. I don't suppose there is a way to find out the mother from the probate information is there please? Or is there a website where it's possible to look up deaths in Australia like ScotlandsPeople? You've been very helpful :)
General:

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 August 13 23:11 BST (UK) »
Aha finally found the death index http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/

Christian [sic] Hogg HENDERSON, unknown father, unknown mother, registered at Katoomba in 1965 reg12809/1965

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 August 13 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Stuart,
  The probate packet will contain her will and probably her death certificate and list of assets.  It seems that the death cert won't be much help in this case as informant didn't know her parents' names but perhaps the will may contain some family info.

The NSW BDM site is very flakey lately - need patience  ;D

cheers,
  Ros