Author Topic: Doyle or Sweeney  (Read 3619 times)

Offline Bayleigh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Doyle or Sweeney
« on: Tuesday 13 August 13 12:40 BST (UK) »
Recently came across an obit from Baltimore Maryland, United States.  The obit was for Ellen Sweeney, nee Doyle.  In the obit it read "beloved wife of Michael Sweeney, native of County Wexford Ireland"  Due to the context of the sentence, I am not sure if Ellen Doyle or Michael Sweeney was the native of County Wexford.

Ellen was born abt 1832
Michael was born abt 1921

We find this interesting as their daughter, who was born in Maryland, married James Heavey, who was born in Enniscorthy, County Wexford.  It would appear that their families were familiar with each other in Ireland before moving to the United States.

We know nothing of Ellen Doyle, her parents, or siblings.  Also, we know nothing of Michael Sweeney, his parents, or siblings.  Any information will be welcomed.

Thanks!!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline momasuzie1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doyle or Sweeney
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 July 15 02:43 BST (UK) »
I believe that the Ellen Doyle and Michael Sweeney u made mention of are my 2nd great grandparents  their daughter Sarah did marry James Heavy and I have record of three children including Kate, Mary and Edmund on the 1900 census where Ellen lived with them so that may be the connection you are looking for if i am not mistaken.  Feel free to contact me.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.