Author Topic: A mother for Wilfred Charles EVERITT  (Read 25731 times)

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Previously known as "neb_maat_re".
    • View Profile
Re: A mother for Wilfred Charles EVERITT
« Reply #117 on: Friday 08 April 16 04:51 BST (UK) »
A grandchild of Bertha Mary Catherine Everitt and Alured Tasker Faunce  would be either the second cousin or the half-second cousin of a grandchild of Bob Everitt.

The expected amount of shared DNA for those two relationships is quite distinct and would certainly clarify whether or not Bridget Bertha Connors Devery was Bob's mother.

The potential for shared DNA for a grandchild of Bob with a grandchild of the child of Michael Devery and Margaret Everitt resolving the question is less clear - I'd have to get my head around that.

EDIT:  I have my head around it now.  A grandchild of the child of Michael Devery and Margaret Everitt and a grandchild of Bob Everitt would either be 3rd cousins (through Margaret alone) or double 3rd cousins (once through Margaret and once through Michael).   The expected amount of shared DNA for those two relationships should still be distinct enough to clarify whether or not Bridget Bertha Connors Devery was Bob's mother.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Judy Snell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: A mother for Wilfred Charles EVERITT
« Reply #118 on: Friday 08 April 16 13:05 BST (UK) »
 Sorry, in my first post I mentioned Bertha when I meant Bridget Bertha. Bridget Bertha Devery was the mother of Bertha Mary (after her grandmother Mary Connors/Devery and Catherine after her grandmother Catherine Considine/Everitt. Apology for the error.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.