Author Topic: Blood family Derbyshire  (Read 4049 times)

Offline suzhnikov

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blood family Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 18:45 BST (UK) »
I just found out the names of my great, great, great parents.  James and Catharine Blood from Bagnor Staffordshire. Their daughter Elizabeth Blood, my great,great grandmother died in 1899, she may have been buried in Elvaston church, for that is where many members of my family resided. I'd love to know more about this family if you have any information.  Thanks.

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 19:02 BST (UK) »
 Hi Suzhnokov and welcome to Rootschat

What information are you looking for ? 

Can you give more information.  Who did Elizabeth marry etc ?

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 20:11 BST (UK) »
A warm welcome from me too  :)

I'd love to know more about this family if you have any information.
Just to say that as a new member you may not know that rootschat is a forum where members post queries and other members use their own time to research all the resources they know of or point the original poster in the right direction to find out any potential answer to that query themselves. A gentle & polite reminder to anyone that it isn't a repository of information in itself or even like a certain search engine  ;D ;D, we are real people  ;)

However you may find a member has already researched this family & can provide you with leads which should be checked by yourself. You may even find a relative!!!
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline suzhnikov

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 June 18 23:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the warm welcome Sunflower.  And thank you for setting me straight about the rules of the forum. I really didn't mean to scrounge the information that others have researched. On the other hand would be more than happy to share what I know.

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 June 18 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome.

We on this site try to assist people with their research.

So it is best to actually state what info you are looking for, giving as much info as you have on
Your family.

Have taken a look and Elizabeth Blood is consistent in giving her birth as 1829 Hilton, and is quite easy to find on all the Census from  1841, she married William Chambers, a Sadler iat Elvaston the place of his birth in 1835.  I assume you have all this info.

Is there anything else you need to find?  Do please ask someone may be able to assist.

For instance if you use Ancestry the actual entry of their marriage in Elvaston is available to copy.

Regards Spendlove

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.