Author Topic: Laing Family from North Uist 1853  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Sandy Sinclair

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Laing Family from North Uist 1853
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 05 January 19 10:01 GMT (UK) »
I've noticed two or three names from my tree of Laing ancestors. My grandmother was Harriet Laing (Sinclair) b 1889, her father was Alexander b1859. Alexander's wife was Flora MacDonald b1863. Flora's father was, I think, Roderick MacDonald b1834 and he had a sister Kirsty who married an Alexander Monk. Alexander Monk had at least two brothers, again I think.

Again I'm not certain but I think that Roderick (aka Rory) and Kirsty's father was Ewan MacDonald b About 1789.

This would make Roderick my GG Grandfather.

The reason I'm not 100% sure is that I do most of my research online and haven't triple checked some of the links. I don't know a great deal about the Monk connection as it quite tenuous with shared GGG Grandparents. But I do like adding branches as apart from my brothers, children and grandchildren I don't have more than a couple of cousins that I have ever met.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.