Author Topic: Looking for Nolan Family  (Read 7875 times)

Offline McLoughlin

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Nolan Family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 February 18 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
I know it has been a while since you wrote this post but while researching my own Nolan relatives from near enough the same area I have just come across this detail which may be of interest to you: Thomas Nolan born 6 Oct 1858 to Patrick Nolan & Margaret Hopps (At least I think that's the surname), residence Ladychapel.  Godparents are John Nolan and a Bridget Travers.
Also found a William Nolan born 11 April 1864 to the same parents.  Hope this info relates to you.
My relatives are a Michael Nolan and Owen/Eugene Nolan born around same time but don't have exact place of birth but their father's name was Patrick Nolan.
Regards
Mary McLoughlin

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 February 18 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  Mary.
Can I just ask what parish you found Thomas and William Nolan please?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 February 18 20:57 GMT (UK) »

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 February 18 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Strangely enough there appears to be a burial in Glasnevin for a Patrick Nolan age 70 in 1875     still comes up when entering 16 Blackhall Row.
https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy/results/index.xml

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 February 18 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
I know it has been a while since you wrote this post but while researching my own Nolan relatives from near enough the same area I have just come across this detail which may be of interest to you: Thomas Nolan born 6 Oct 1858 to Patrick Nolan & Margaret Hopps (At least I think that's the surname), residence Ladychapel.  Godparents are John Nolan and a Bridget Travers.
Also found a William Nolan born 11 April 1864 to the same parents.  Hope this info relates to you.
My relatives are a Michael Nolan and Owen/Eugene Nolan born around same time but don't have exact place of birth but their father's name was Patrick Nolan.
Regards
Mary McLoughlin
Thank you Mary for this post.   I haven't been working on my tree since last year.  So I just had a quick look.  I do have the church record for Thomas's birth.  I also have a sibling Andrew but I don't know where I got him from I just have his name. I will be home in April so I hope to root around a bit more.  I'll post what I find.  W/R CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 February 18 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 25 February 18 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Strangely enough there appears to be a burial in Glasnevin for a Patrick Nolan age 70 in 1875     still comes up when entering 16 Blackhall Row.
https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy/results/index.xml
Hiya D,  I had a look at the record.  As Thomas lived at 16 Blackhall Row before he married.  I am sure Patrick is a relation.  The record shows a Mary as his wife.  So when I get a chance I will have to check the records and see if I can find their marriage.

Interesting note my grandfather O'Farrell was in the army and in 1923 lived at number 17 Blackhall Place.

I was home last year and had an O'Farrell family reunion in Uncle Toms it was awesome there was 22 of us.  This year I am hoping for more as I have been in contact with our rellies in Westmeath and they will be joining us.  :)  W/R CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -