Author Topic: Family tree of William Swanson (1819-1903)  (Read 10216 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Family tree of William Swanson (1819-1903)
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 28 July 18 11:12 BST (UK) »
Ani,

Please note that we have removed email addresses again because this is how spammers pick up on emails. Again please note that new members can not access all functions on RootsChat until they have made a couple of posts.

ngaere to reply to Ani please just log in and click on the reply button at the end of the topic.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jachu100

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Murray!

I have information regarding the descendants of George Swanson (1852-1934), the son that William Swanson had with Timata.

George Swanson married Elizabeth Smith in 1876.

George and Elizabeth had at least one child: Virginia Swanson.

Virginia Swanson was born in 1877 and died on July 25 1957 at the age of 80 (you can her tombstone in this link https://es.billiongraves.com/grave/person/7204297)

Virginia married Fernand Edmond Ghislain Story in 1896.

Fernand Story was a Belgian immigrant, who arrived in New Zealand via England. Fernand Story was born in the city of Ghent (East Flanders), Belgium on June 1871. Fernand Story was a descendant from several distinguished families of businessmen and liberal politicians from Ghent. Fernand died in New Zealand on October 15 1943 at the age of 72.

Both Fernand and Virginia are buried at Swanson Cementery.

Fernand Story and Virginia Swanson had at least two children:

1) George Desmond Ghislain Story (born on August 26 1897 and died in Auckland in 1974 at the age of 76, buried at Swanson Cementery)

- George Story married Selina Maria Sarjant in 1936, with whom they had at least one child: Lynette Swanson Story (born in 1938 and died in 1949 in Auckland at the age of just 11)

2) Albert Ghislain Story (born on October 8 1908 and died in 1994 at the age of 85).

- Albert Story married Edith Bongart (I don't know if they had any children)

By the way, I think if would be interesting for you to see William Swanson's last will and testament, where several of his children (or all of them?) are mentioned. You can see his last will and testamente here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9T6-V3KD-1?i=251&cc=1865481

By the way, I will appreciate if someone has information regarding the descendants of Fernand Story and Virginia Swanson.

I live in Guatemala and I am a distant relative of Fernand Story, so it would be very interesting for me to know if currently I have any relatives living in New Zealand.

Cheers,

Jorge

Offline SuePoto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 26 July 23 04:49 BST (UK) »
hi there I have seen on this page that a lot of you have the complete family tree for Ani Rangitunoa and William Swanson. My husbands grandmother was Elma Swanson but we don't know much more. Is anyone able to share the tree with me so that our children can learn where they came from?
Sue

Offline SuePoto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 04 August 23 03:47 BST (UK) »
hi there Varley 12 - I see you have a full family tree for William Swanson and Ani Rangitunoa, my husbands great grandfather. Are you able to share with me please? It seems I haven't been on this site enough to be able to PM you.
Sue