Author Topic: Wright Buckinghamshire  (Read 9500 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Wright Buckinghamshire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 31 August 13 09:49 BST (UK) »
So you suspect their son Charles baptised 1731 is the one who married a Ruth and they had children baptised at Hardmead 1747 onwards. Have you found their marriage?

Clifton Reynes
5 Oct 1747
Charles Wright single man
Ruth Hull, single woman of Hardmead

Can't help with much else as my search results are 7 years out of date. ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 August 13 09:52 BST (UK) »
A more pressing matter is i seem to have "lost" there son John. He is a vital figure but i cant find his birth anywhere, they (charles and Ann) have a son in 1797 called John who dies after 10 days. Somewhere i found a reference to them having another son they called John, and i have lost it and now cant find it again!!

Mike

Stoke Goldington
29 Oct 1732
John Wright son of John and Feebe, lacemaker

Several of their children's baptisms have Phoebe listed as Feebe.

Sorry just realised you're looking for a second John to Charles and Ann. ;D

Update - The Astwood burial's I've seen don't have a John buried at 10 days old in 1797, where's the information from?  Of course, the search results I have are 7 years out of date so they may have been updated since then.  Wright isn't unfortunately an uncommon name in Bucks, I've the same problem. ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 August 13 16:55 BST (UK) »
Stoke Goldington
29 Oct 1732
John Wright son of John and Feebe, lacemaker

Several of their children's baptisms have Phoebe listed as Feebe.

Sorry just realised you're looking for a second John to Charles and Ann. ;D

Update - The Astwood burial's I've seen don't have a John buried at 10 days old in 1797, where's the information from?  Of course, the search results I have are 7 years out of date so they may have been updated since then.  Wright isn't unfortunately an uncommon name in Bucks, I've the same problem. ;D
[/quote]

Thing is, i only found the burial by accident. I was helping someone else with there tree that has some shared ancestry. She asked, reasonably i thought, how i reached a conclusion so i repeated as far as i could remember, the same search on ancestry and family search.

However, either it was not there before or i just missed it but this time the John i had as living and raising a family was recorded as being buried 10 days old. I tried to verify this resorting to the local library where i read the same thing. Baptized 19th march 1797 buried 29th March 1797. On the next page, 1798 there is some faded writing and possibly a John birth but parents names are all but obliterated by age of the document.

I know there was a John, its also stated on the cencus that he was born in Astwood. I also know about the other Johns's in Astwood too.

Bishops Transcripts are next, and i will make time to confirm the other bits too. I did find Charles and Ruths marraige when i was there but time was against me.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 14:06 BST (UK) »
Clifton Reynes
5 Oct 1747
Charles Wright single man
Ruth Hull, single woman of Hardmead

Thanks smudwhisk for that, it sounds likely it is them.

There is a Ruth Hull baptised at Hardmead on 25 Dec 1722, daughter of John & Margaret Hull. These also baptised 4 other children between 1715 & 1724. At Hardmead Margaret was buried 23 Aug 1758 & John buried on 5 Jun 1766

John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 14:46 BST (UK) »
yes sounds like a good hit! got a few more peoples to check later in mk.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 17:10 BST (UK) »
If this is the Charles Wright baptised 1731 Stoke Goldington (son of John & Phoebe) then he would only be 16 when he married Ruth Hull in Oct 1747 while she would be at least 25, as it's such a large age gap I would like to check/rule out for any other Wrights living closer to Clifton Reynes.
Clement - Croydon

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 19:13 BST (UK) »
spotted that he was 16 when married a while ago. First child was when he would have been 17!!   

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 19:41 BST (UK) »
I actually am of the opinion the Ruth is actually Ruth Turner, born in Stoke goldington.

Stoke Goldington, Buckinghamshire, England"England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N5NB-13J : accessed 16 Feb 2013), Ruth Turner, 15 Oct 1732; citing STOKE GOLDINGTON,BUCKINGHAM,ENGLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 919249.

The marriage i have is 1746 in Stoke Goldington. This is one of the things i am hoping to check out in more detail soonish.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 19:49 BST (UK) »
Then you have to decide if the children baptised in Hardmead are from Charles W & Ruth Hull or Charles W & Ruth Turner ? Which based on their baptism dates & the Wright/Hull marriage date puts that couple as my favoured pair.
Clement - Croydon