Author Topic: Indian records Leonard burrow king  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Seztratt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Indian records Leonard burrow king
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 August 13 21:21 BST (UK) »
Martha Jane was born to Robert and Mary Rennie I have re -read cider drinkers post and it looks like he has found the correct  records for her 1871 Ahmedabad Bombay.  Robert and
Mary were listed as her parents on her previous marriage details.  she managed to marry 3 times in her short life.  I have never found the Bombay birth details before so thank you cider drinker.
I have now found a possible return to England details  April 1912 on the matiana but it gives no first names and the children's ages are slightly out, but I gather that this is common so it could e the correct details.  Will carry on trawling.  Guess I now need to find out if Robert and Mary were born in Bombay or were they in fact British?

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 August 13 11:44 BST (UK) »
Good Morning
Sorry not to get back to you sooner but I'm on a library computer and I only get so much time before it clicks off.
Anyway still no luck on passenger records for the trip home.He was still in India Jan 1912 when the Indian Army Quarterly has a Leonard Burrows King born 9.8.1869 rank as of 25.6.1911 working at the Ordnance Depot Poona Store in the Southern Army.Warrant Officer.
If you have his army record it should say when he left the army.
There is a Will for him  proven London 21.4.1927 .Leonard Burrows King of Saunton 62 Wilton Avenue died 18.3.1827.Exec Ernest Prescott and Stella Marjorie King £112 5s 11d.if you order a copy it should mention Georgina but I like you can't find a burial record that fits.
Robert John Rennie and his wife Mary had the following children.
Alexander  and William Henry Rennie born 30.9.1852 baptised 5.11.1852 Deesa Bombay(twins)
Thomas William 23.11.1860/bapt 24.11 1860 Deesa married Sonapore Bombay 4.6.1882 Grace Ellen Reid d of John age 19
Mary Ann Charlotte born 1864 married 31.10.1882 Bycutta Bombay Hugh Alford Lafond age 22 s of Alexander Noble Lafond.
Catherine born 22.10.1866 bapt 25.10.1866 Kirkee Bombay
Martha Jane born 1871
Robert John buried 29.3.1876 Kirkee Bombay.Died the day before aged 0
Alice Louise married 3.6.1897 Bombay Cecil Lewis Chitto s of William.
And possibly Edith Marjorie born 1899 married 4.10.1916 St James Congelton Cheshre  d of Robert John Rennie to Lancelot Heygate age 28 son of Ambrose who she divorced before marring at Delhi 10.10.1932 Arthur Cyril Vining born 1889 s of Charles Edward Vining.
Bit unsure of her because she is born so late.
For British Indian families you could try FIBIS  website they have a database of information to search for free.
Can't find anything for the King family myself but you never know.
Will have a look see if I can find more
Ciderdrinker

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 August 13 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
There are also army pension records for Leonard Burrows King on Find My Past ,haven't got a sub but they might help.
Ciderdrinker

Offline Seztratt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 August 13 21:26 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for all your help I haven't got Leonard's army records where do I get them from? I did see the probate details for Leonard how do I order a copy of the full obituary? Haven't been doing this very long so appreciate all the help. I have managed to trace a living relative that I never knew about and have very much enjoyed meeting her. The research is becoming very addictive!

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 August 13 21:41 BST (UK) »
hi
see my earlier post re scots guards that,s the pension record on FindMyPast .
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline Seztratt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 August 13 21:51 BST (UK) »
I have just been on find my past and saved records to my comp.  how do I go about getting Indian army records? Date of discharge from ordnance dept would be interesting to have.

Offline Seztratt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 29 August 13 23:08 BST (UK) »
hooray I have found details of Leonard leaving Indian army release date 10/3/1914 need to search for travel back to uk after this date now. so nice when you finally find something.  still interested to find out if Martha Jane rennie a parents were born in Indian. Also if Georgian Morlene came back to uk will leonard and children.  the incoming I found was 1912 so I can exclude that now. 

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 30 August 13 10:03 BST (UK) »
Great to hear.Lovely when you find something.
The full Will costs £6 you can either order it in person from your local Probate Office and they send it you through the post or you can order it by post from the office in Leeds.
Postal Searches and Copies Department
Leeds District Probate Registry
York House,
York Place,
Leeds
LS1 2BA
You should include a copy of Form PA1S from their website at justice.gov.uk but if you provide the full name ,date ,probate office (ie .London) and his address which I've already given you ,you should be ok.Make the cheque payable to HM Courts and Tribunal Service.
Hope you find everything you're looking for.
Ciderdrinker

Offline Seztratt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 30 August 13 10:15 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your help I will post when I get something back.