Author Topic: Howley family of Ardrahan c 1880's  (Read 3020 times)

Offline irondeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Howley family of Ardrahan c 1880's
« on: Thursday 29 August 13 16:42 BST (UK) »
I am trying to locate information on the Howley family who I believe may have come from Ardrahan? Unfortunately I know very little about them, other than Catherine Howley married Patrick Kennedy from Ballylin prior to 1887.  I have no idea when they married, as I haven't been able to find any marriage information.  I have no idea when or where Catherine died, or who her parents might have been.

Sorry, not much for anyone to go on!  If anyone is able to provide any information I'll be extremely grateful!  Howley may actually be spelt Howly or even Hawly or Hawley.......

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Howley family of Ardrahan c 1880's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 August 13 21:32 BST (UK) »
Did they live in Ireland and have you searched  in the 1901  census?

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline irondeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 August 13 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
they did live in Ireland.  Unfortunately I'm finding it difficult to tell if any of the family are on the 1901 census as I have no other names to go by - Catherine had died by then, although have no idea when, and am unable to find her wedding certificate, so have no idea what her father's name was........

Offline greyhound37

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 September 17 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My apologies if this post is out of standards for this forum.  I just stumbled across your thread while looking for information on some band members and found your apparent genealogy post.  I had just finished reading a short writeup by one of the two Howley brothers, members of the band We Banjo 3 and ran a blind search on their name and home town and your thread was one of the results. 
Link below:
Post about Howley brothers from Adrahan

I don't know if it will help you or not but you might be able to contact Martin or David via their band website and then find out if they are part of the same family and if they have any links to the information you're seeking. 

I just created this account to drop a message to you (although the system doesn't seem to want to let me do that, so I had to post publicly) so replies to me probable won't be seen.

Good luck!

Offline irondeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 September 17 23:35 BST (UK) »
thanks so much for the response Greyhound 37.  I had totally forgotten I'd posted this!  Since then I have actually managed to discover some more information as more of it is being released online.  I will still check out the information you have given me and contact the brothers.

Many thanks for your help