Author Topic: Lucas Family origins Muswellbrook NSW Australia  (Read 5315 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Lucas Family origins Muswellbrook NSW Australia
« Reply #27 on: Monday 02 November 15 04:27 GMT (UK) »
In an obit for his daughter Ann BUDDEN it describes James J LUCAS as one of the pioneers of Saddler's Creek.

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article107734900
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 02 November 15 04:50 GMT (UK) »
Agh,  Nurse, thanks Ros

Deceased is survived by one sister, Nurse Lucas of Muswellbrook ….

NSW ER 193 oops another typo  ::)  1913 (yes, the year BEFORE WWI commenced) UPPER HUNTER, Muswellbrook

Dinah Nina LUCAS of Bell’s Mountain, domestic duties
Fanny LUCAS, of Brook Street, nurse

So that should help link James John LUCAS to Fanny LUCAS, the nurse ….

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jendi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 02 November 15 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you one and all that has opened a can of worms- in a wonderful way.
Dinah Nina Lucas of Bells mountain is the sister in law of Fanny Lucas. My aunty still remembers her Aunty Fanny.
Jendi : ) Very happy

Now looking for James John Lucas family back in England. Born 1828 Westholme -Dorset- England died24/11/1890 Roseball and neergj

Offline neergj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 09 July 18 02:59 BST (UK) »
attached a pdf of descendency from James and Fanny(Green) Lucas. I am related to the Green side
GREEN, DURK, PITTARD Somerset. TINWORTH, BANKS, Cambridge, COOK, Lincoln.WHEELER, Berkshire. KIRBY, Surrey, HART, Huntingdon TIPPING Lancs, SMALLWOOD, MILLER, GORDON,  London. DALTON, CREAVY, RYAN, HICKEY Ireland. and their descendants in AUSTRALIA.

Offline terryau

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 14 July 18 03:23 BST (UK) »
In 1885:-

ID   Surname   First Name   Holding/Place   PD   Post Town   Acreage   Horses   Cattle   Sheep   Pigs   Return to   Pg No   Notes
404   Lucas   J.J.   Saddler's Ck.   Singleton   Muswellbrook   500   24   39   0   0   Insp.   360   

Regards,
Terry Callaghan

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 14 July 18 05:21 BST (UK) »
Terry,
I wonder if you are aware that the method of displaying information in a Rootschat window that is  commonly known as "cut and paste " is not permitted in the forum.

There have been many issues over the years regarding copyright and, in order to safeguard against litigation, this policy is in place.

I might add, because of the way it has been displayed in your posts, the information is very jumbled and difficult to read due to the juxtaposition of words and headings consequential to “cut and paste”.

This is also evident on your reply  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=376905.0

The correct process is to transcribe the details. Please see below.

I feel the need to mention also that the team here are entirely voluntary and would never ask for, or accept, any form of payment. In the spirit of the forum, you may consider removing you web address which mentions donations.
Sue

Quote-
•   The Rootschat moderators reserve the right to delete or edit posts that we believe
may contain information that could be misused to the detriment of the subject.
•   Do not publish copyrighted material on RootsChat.
Just because you "found it on the Internet", or you have "bought the book/CD/DVD/...", etc, does not mean that you can re-publish it elswhere. Please examine closely any "Conditions", "Agreements" and/or "Terms of Use" before posting such material.
For further guidance, click on the [Copyright] link at the bottom of every RootsChat page.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk