Author Topic: Kildalkey  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Kildalkey
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 August 19 10:05 BST (UK) »

.........from Moyrath Kildakey.

Moyrath townland, Kildalkey Civil Parish, Co. Meath.
https://www.townlands.ie/meath/lune/kildalkey/kildalkey/moyrath/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline jodie1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 August 19 10:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for the census and the map which helps to explain the area for me.
This census seems to be correct with the Geoghegan dates. Possibly they went to live there after the death of their parents. Their must be another son named John. Still haven't found the link as Denis Miggin is single
The family names are continually reused between the families with my James Owen Geoghegan naming his daughter Rose Geoghegan b Sydney.

Offline CiJaNiPa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 October 23 05:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly,

I looked up John Miggin who married Mary "Gahagan" in Kildalkey on 30 July 1839. Doesn't have record of their fathers' names. Witnesses are Thomas Murray and Ellen Miggin.

And yes, those darned Miggins named their kids all the same names! I have their kids as:

Margaret (born in 1845 and died at age 20 on 11 May 1874)
Dennis (born 1865, remained single and lived with sisters Lucy and Rose, and two Geoghegan cousins in Corballis 1911)
Lucy born in 1858
Rose 1856
Thomas 1848
James 1847
Owen 1843
and Mary 1841.

I think that's it, but it's hard to get the right combination of misspelled names in the parish records.
Miggin is often spelled Muggin, Muiggan, Muiggin(s), even Magin. Geoghegan is spelled differently in every single record as well. Gaghegan, Geoghan, all kinds of things. And Lucy was spelled Lewis in the record. Ha! I've been compiling my info from Roots Ireland. My husband's third cousins are Miggins and it's been quite the feat trying to piece together all the Miggins when they all name their kids the same set of names.