Author Topic: Help needed translating French Huguenot marriage record please.  (Read 449 times)

Offline geebrooks9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed translating French Huguenot marriage record please.
« on: Saturday 07 September 13 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, I would be very grateful if someone could decipher this marriage record for me. It's from the Hospital Chapel, Spitalfields and it's a Huguenot marriage. I would especially like to know the place in France where he originated  from. Thank you, Sara.
Chivers, Berkshire. Davis, Camberwell and Newington, Surrey. Golding, Maidstone, kent. Papworth, London, Middx, Surry. Whelan, Glanworth, Cork. and Dublin,  Ireland. Yardley. Deptford. Butfoy, Threadneedle Street. London and Bethnal Green.

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed translating French Huguenot marriage record please.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 September 13 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think this has been answered before, within this thread

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=448995.0

Jean Bouttefoy, a native of Bouttavan in the Bauvoisain, son of Charles Bouttefoy and Catherine Deshay, and Anne Maison, native of London, daughter of Richard Maison and Anne Devine, Oct 2, Produced a certificate announcing their intention (to marry) 16 Ocotber 1681

By "Bouttavan in the Bauvoisain" he would likely be referring to the small village of Boutavent, in the outer region of the larger town of Bauvais, approx 120 km north of Paris.

claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline geebrooks9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed translating French Huguenot marriage record please.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 September 13 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Claire, thank you very much. Sorry I forgot all about the other thread, will have to reread and try and take it all in. Best wishes, Sara.
Chivers, Berkshire. Davis, Camberwell and Newington, Surrey. Golding, Maidstone, kent. Papworth, London, Middx, Surry. Whelan, Glanworth, Cork. and Dublin,  Ireland. Yardley. Deptford. Butfoy, Threadneedle Street. London and Bethnal Green.