Author Topic: Robert Porter  (Read 1996 times)

Offline babswalker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Porter
« on: Saturday 14 September 13 20:38 BST (UK) »
I am looking for my brother Robert Porter- born in Dunmore Home for unwed mothers 1945- Bradninch England. Mother was Ivy Barbara Porter. Your sister and brother a looking for you.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Porter
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 September 13 22:48 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

I'm sorry, but as Rootschat is a site for looking for ancestors we are unable to help with living people. These links might give you some ideas of where to go for help.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=142443.0

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=261434.0

Bradninch is Devon, but there is no one of that name registered there in 1945 according to Freebmd. This may mean that he was adopted and later registered under his adoptive name.

Good luck
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 September 13 16:28 BST (UK) »
Babs, if you post two more brief messages here (you can just say hello, and thank you) then people will be able to reach you via the private message system if someone sees your message and wants to get in touch with you about it.
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline babswalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 October 13 12:07 BST (UK) »
Thank You for the advice- greatly appreciated.

Babs

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 October 13 14:32 BST (UK) »
Oops, better edit that one to remove your email address as that kind of personal info isn't allowed here either. ;)

Then just thank me again and you will have your three posts!  ;D
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline babswalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 October 13 16:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks again JaneyCanuck . I need all the help I can get here being a newbie at this. I found one of my brothers on my own but this second one seems harder. I have his birth certificate. Any advice?

BABS