Author Topic: Gibbons, Burke and Carney families from Ballyart, Parke, Turlough, Castlebar  (Read 16970 times)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Gibbons, Burke and Carney families from Ballyart, Parke, Turlough, Castlebar
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 January 14 22:02 GMT (UK) »
I have some marriage records of McHugh to Gibbons,,,,i was sent report from the Mayo North family heritage centre re the McHugh families of Carrowkeel,,,this report gives some background info re some McHugh families,,and gives marriage details.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bren1974

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gibbons, Burke and Carney families from Ballyart, Parke, Turlough, Castlebar
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 January 14 22:29 GMT (UK) »
The wedding certificate says that Michael McHugh from Carykeel (Carrowkeel) was a landholder as was his father Mark. It seems after marrying they moved to Chancery / Toormore East as they are there in the censuses of 1901 and 1911. The witnesses were Peter McHugh and Bridget Howley.

My grand uncle Anthony Gibbons from Ballyart married Jane McHugh from Carrowkeel in the early 1920s. I think she is living in house 13 in Carrowkeel 1901.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 January 14 22:44 GMT (UK) »
just realized I did have that record on the report  :)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 January 14 22:50 GMT (UK) »
don't know if this record refers to your Mark,,,but will post it

Michael lennon of  capperany a bachelor  labourer of 23 years,,son of Michael Lennon a deceased landholder married on the 1st april 1866  Catherine McHugh of carrowkeel a spinster of 22 years  daughter of peter McHugh a labourer.Married in Keelogues church.
the witnesses were  Mark McHugh and B McHale

Offline bren1974

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 January 14 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. He could well be the same Mark McHugh. I still have a lot of McHugh cousins from my dads side living in Carrowkeel today  :)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 January 14 23:09 GMT (UK) »
oops,,,didn't put the year,,,have amended the post   :-[

Offline Smoran1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brendan
You have a lot of my family tree there . I live in birmingham too . I have been researching for years and became quite good at it we need to have a chat.

Offline bren1974

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi SMoran1. I've found out more information since I last posted on here. Who are you related to ?

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 29 November 14 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Do tell Bren   ;D ;D ;D