Author Topic: Minolta micro film reader  (Read 239 times)

Offline g forgeron

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Minolta micro film reader
« on: Monday 16 September 13 16:19 BST (UK) »
I'm using a Minolta MS 6000MK II in my local library. Can any one tell me how to set and use the counter on this machine. Where I think the counter should be are the letters "PC" in green on a small screen. I feel sure this is where the revs, or frames, should count up from.

The letters PC remain static when the machine operates.

I asked the library staff but they couldn't help me - in fact some didn't even understand what I was trying to do.

I phoned Minolta but they were most unhelpfull, "The library does not have a maintenance contract, there is nothing we can do" so much for customer service, I'll remember that when I'm buying anything.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Minolta micro film reader
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 September 13 16:39 BST (UK) »
There seems to be a manual here

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Konica%20Minolta/MS6000-MK-II/Manual/221412

I think PC means it is connected to a PC, and so the counter may not work

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.