Author Topic: Sussex Look-ups request  (Read 554 times)

Offline alibag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sussex Look-ups request
« on: Monday 16 September 13 21:25 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone would be able to give me any further details of a marriage which took place at Palace Chapel, Chichester, Sussex on 6th April 1735? The marriage was between Daniel Dyer and Mary Sadler. I am interested to know which parish/s the bride and groom came from and if there is any detail of their fathers. Many thanks for any help that can be given. Alison

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sussex Look-ups request
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 September 13 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison,

Welcome to RootsChat.  :)

At this date, the details of fathers are not included in marriage entries.  However, you are lucky - the pair married by licence and their parishes of residence have been recorded.  Daniel was of Felpham and Mary resided in North Stoke.

There is a baptism of a Daniel Dyer in Felpham on 15 Mar 1708/9, son of Daniel Dyer.  Daniel senior, also of Felpham, married Jane Withers of Arundel on 4 April 1700 in Arundel.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alibag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sussex Look-ups request
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 September 13 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Nell
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated. I am actually trying to work out if the Daniel Dyer and Mary Sadler who married in 1735 in Chichester were from Suffolk, or moved to Suffolk after their marriage. Thanks once again, also for the further info on Daniel Snr. Regards Alison