Author Topic: Wootton of Kingsey  (Read 2613 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: Wootton of Kingsey
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 September 13 15:12 BST (UK) »
A tit bit for you, Buckinghamshire Quarter Session 16th July 1724 'Thomas Wootton poor debtor in the county jail was granted the daily allowance of county bread'
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
  • Descendants of John Chapman of North Marston
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 October 13 11:49 BST (UK) »
A tit bit for you, Buckinghamshire Quarter Session 16th July 1724 'Thomas Wootton poor debtor in the county jail was granted the daily allowance of county bread'

Thanks, Gill :)
Chapman from Haddenham to North Marston, Buckinghamshire; Bradwin in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire; Cox in  Haddenham, Buckinghamshire and may be more Haddenham families as I make my journey back in time :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
  • Descendants of John Chapman of North Marston
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 October 13 11:52 BST (UK) »
A Wm Wootton of Denton (Dinton), Bucks married a Martha Hyatt of Oxford in 1749 according to:-

http://www.whipple.org/oxford/2_alpha_by_grooms_names.pdf

Have you checked Dinton for Wootton BMDs?

Also check the Bucks Woottton Wills:-

https://apps2.buckscc.gov.uk/ecommerce/WillsExternal/WillsExternalSearch.aspx

There were several Thomas Woottons up at Whitchurch in the early 1700s.

Some of the BDMs at Dinton belong, as I see it, to the grandchildren of Thomas Wootton and Martha Kirby, and I have been looking at the wills trying to decide which ones I should purchase...
Chapman from Haddenham to North Marston, Buckinghamshire; Bradwin in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire; Cox in  Haddenham, Buckinghamshire and may be more Haddenham families as I make my journey back in time :)