Author Topic: GOUGH-GOFF (GOONS 5555)  (Read 2003 times)

Offline pffog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GOUGH-GOFF (GOONS 5555)
« on: Tuesday 01 October 13 12:29 BST (UK) »
Gough, Goff and variants have been registered with the Guild of One-Name Studies. The Goff-Gough Family Association serves as the repository of information at www.goff-gough.com/.

Goughs/Goffs are encouraged to join the DNA project at http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Goff/Gough/Goffe

Offline pffog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: GOUGH-GOFF (GOONS 5555)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 September 14 03:05 BST (UK) »
I'm seeking Goff participants from England, Australia, New Zealand or Canada to participate in the Goff/Gough Surname DNA Study. For lineages that can be traced to 18th century or prior in England, I can likely get a sponsor to pay for the cost of the YDNA test.

Offline pffog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: GOUGH-GOFF (GOONS 5555)
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 February 15 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Continuing to make good progress on this one name study. At the moment, I'm correlating the 1841 census, 17th century hearth tax lists, 16th century Tudor lay subsidies, 14th century poll taxes, and early 14th century lay subsidies. It is remarkable how the geographical concentrations of the family remain relatively stable over centuries. I will be publishing my findings in the newsletter of the Goff/Gough Family Association. We are welcoming new members at www.goff-gough.com. Thanks