Author Topic: Loch/Lock, Taylor, Jones, Boswell in England  (Read 3358 times)

Offline broughps

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Loch/Lock, Taylor, Jones, Boswell in England
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 February 19 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you for that info.

Do you know the names of the children of Henry Locke and Sarah Peters? I'd like to be able to eliminate them from the children I have listed for Traveler Henry and Sarah.

Offline Cameyturpin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 February 19 18:13 GMT (UK) »
So I we have a distant cousin, that we have matched by DNA, who has helped us with our family tree.  We are on myheritage.com.  Anyhow we've been confirming information.  Henry and Sarahs children were Matthew, Mary, Hannah, Henry, Unity, Lucy, Lavina, Lamrok, Roli and Mairik.  Hope this helps.  Also, neither of us knew or can confirm of a Lepeny Draper.

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 February 19 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Children of the South Cerney Locks:

Mary, bpt 12 Mar 1775
Henry, bpt 7 Mar 1778
Hanna, bpt 10 Sep 1781  (father recorded as Harry)

All at South Cerney.  Images are on Ancestry, but only up to 1812 (I looked for a burial for Sarah but it was probably later).

I think this Henry Lock is likely to be the s/o Henry & Mary baptised at Kemble in 1742, a short distance from South Cerney.  Sarah Peters d/o Abraham & Anne bpt 3 Mar 1743 at Harnhill, also very close.  They probably never travelled any further than Cirencester  ;D

Sorry I can't help with the Romany Henry and Sarah.  Eric Trudgill's "Lock Family Tree" book doesn't give parents for them, but we live in hope of something turning up!
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 February 19 18:26 GMT (UK) »
So I we have a distant cousin, that we have matched by DNA, who has helped us with our family tree.  We are on myheritage.com.  Anyhow we've been confirming information.  Henry and Sarahs children were Matthew, Mary, Hannah, Henry, Unity, Lucy, Lavina, Lamrok, Roli and Mairik.  Hope this helps.  Also, neither of us knew or can confirm of a Lepeny Draper.

Do you know anything about Lucy?  She may have been the other unmarried daughter referred to in the news item.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Cameyturpin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 February 19 18:38 GMT (UK) »
I don't have any info on Lucy.  Sorry

Offline broughps

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 February 19 19:13 GMT (UK) »

I think to sort out the Henry and Sarah's DNA tests need to be done for descendants of both sets of Henry and Sarahs. That might be the only way to figure out if they are tied together or not.

With a name like Lepeny/Lapeny there must be some kind of connection. That is not a common name at all.
Thanks for the list of children. I had most of them, but you helped add a few.

Offline broughps

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 24 February 19 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Children of the South Cerney Locks:

Mary, bpt 12 Mar 1775
Henry, bpt 7 Mar 1778
Hanna, bpt 10 Sep 1781  (father recorded as Harry)

All at South Cerney.  Images are on Ancestry, but only up to 1812 (I looked for a burial for Sarah but it was probably later).

I think this Henry Lock is likely to be the s/o Henry & Mary baptised at Kemble in 1742, a short distance from South Cerney.  Sarah Peters d/o Abraham & Anne bpt 3 Mar 1743 at Harnhill, also very close.  They probably never travelled any further than Cirencester  ;D

Sorry I can't help with the Romany Henry and Sarah.  Eric Trudgill's "Lock Family Tree" book doesn't give parents for them, but we live in hope of something turning up!

Thanks for the help.

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 13:37 GMT (UK) »
I don't have any info on Lucy.  Sorry

So what is your source for her? 
I ask because I've found a baptism for a Lucy, daughter of Henry and Sarah Lock, but I'm not yet sure if they are the right couple.