Author Topic: Alicia Rosina Seaton and elder brother Frederick William Seaton  (Read 834 times)

Offline Jacquelinemercer1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alicia Rosina Seaton and elder brother Frederick William Seaton
« on: Friday 04 October 13 13:08 BST (UK) »
Help is most definitely needed.  Can anybody help me find where these two are in the 1901 census.  I cannot for the life of me find them anywhere.  I have been looking for nearly 9 months and I think I need an expert eye.

Starting with Frederick William Seaton:
Born 3 October 1876 Lambeth/Southwark
Parents: Mary Jane Hamilton and Frederick John William Allan Seaton

1881 census: living with grandparents in Cambridgeshire
1891 census: living with mother, step-father, 2 siblings and 2 half siblings - Surname PEARSON not SEATON

After that I cannot find him - the marriage options do not relate to him either I have been through them all (I think) even to the extent of reading a military record right to the point where it mentions next of kin and letting someone I had sent an email to on ancestry re a Frederick know this information was there and confirming to her that her FWS was in fact her's (she wasn't entirely sure)
and sending her copies of the info!

Alicia Rosina Seaton
b: 17 December 1880 (appears in the 1881 1stQ BMD indexing) Lambeth/Southwark/
Westminster (1911 census)
Same parents as Frederick.

On 1881 census Alicia is listed with their middle brother, Claud Hamilton Seaton b1878, in Henry St London, and their relationship to head is NURSE CHILD ( I originally thought it said grandchild).
1891 census same as Frederick with surname PEARSON not Seaton.

Alicia gets married in January 1902 - to a Joseph Walter Stringer (her name is listed as Leaton on ancestry).  I think Joseph goes by the name Walter.

1911 census she is listed as Alicia B Stringer from Minster, but I think it is her as it ties up with her death certificate, 1969 - where she is listed as widow of Walter Joseph Stringer a window cleaner - which is the same as the 1911 census (does not match occupation on wedding certificate though - Brass Trimmer (?).

Can anyone help locate them or give advice on where to look.  I have found the mother, step-father and half siblings on a 1901 census, and their brother Claud on a 1901 census, and all accounted for by the time of 1911 (except for Frederick (brother), Frederick father dies in 1881).

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Alicia Rosina Seaton and elder brother Frederick William Seaton
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 October 13 14:42 BST (UK) »
  I   assume  you've  discounted   the    Frederick  W  Seaton    with  wife  Lucy  in 1901 ?     he gives  his pob  as Bow  ,   which  is a  little  way   from Lambeth ,   

Offline Jacquelinemercer1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 October 13 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,  thank you - he is the chap whose war records I investigated.
I just do not know where to look for them!
Thank you again for looking.

Jackie

Offline Jac2308

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 February 21 22:38 GMT (UK) »
I don’t know how to mark this topic as COMPLETED, but both Alicia and Frederick have been found.