Author Topic: Eliza Rogers came from ?  (Read 4356 times)

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Rogers came from ?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 05 October 13 18:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that no clues in the siblings names,  my cousin had the information on Eliza I am assuming he had her death certificate. I will have to buy it myself and hope that there might be more information on it. That he might not have shared. Thank you everyone. Take Care Lynette  :)
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 06 October 13 19:15 BST (UK) »
Siblings - this may be  a clue - Arthur, Emma, David, Moses, John, Amos.

The 1841 census also shows two elder siblings: George and Charlotte.

The coincidence of place names (Clavering and Claveland) and the parents names (John Rogers/Ann Wright) is quite marked, so this family is worth exploring a bit further.

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 07 October 13 04:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you Richard that will be my mission today. Sometimes when I search I get sidetracked but I will stay focused on this family. I have gone back over my cousins notes and he says Eliza was born 1834 - 1838 Essex and she died 11 August 1919 at Fairfield Vic. He did his research over twenty years ago. So I am sure there is a lot more information now we can search online. Take Care Lynette
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 07 October 13 05:22 BST (UK) »
 I think you are on the right track I have found a few trees with Amos Rogers marrying Susan Taylor Parents John Rogers and Ann Wright. I will contact the owners and see if they know anymore. Take Care Lynette

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 07 October 13 19:38 BST (UK) »
If you need them the Clavering registers are here (at a cost):
http://seax.essexcc.gov.uk/EssexAncestors.aspx?selAlphabet=C&selParish=2242&selChurch=2243

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 08 October 13 08:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Richard I will have a look Take Care Lynette

Offline Chippy_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 17:30 BST (UK) »
If you are still looking for Eliza Rogers bapt 16 Nov 1834 Clavering, Essex dau of John Rogers & 2nd wife Ann (nee Wright) I am currently working on her family.

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 22:36 BST (UK) »
If you are still looking for Eliza Rogers bapt 16 Nov 1834 Clavering, Essex dau of John Rogers & 2nd wife Ann (nee Wright) I am currently working on her family.
Wow hello Chippy yes I am always looking for info she was my 2nd Great Grandmother. Her son John Burton married Mary Ann Snell my Great Grandparents they mainly lived in Kinglake West. If I have the same person as you. If you post a couple of more times I can send you a private message with my email. Take Care Lynette

Offline Chippy_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynette

I am coming at this 'from the other side':  John Rogers 1st wife was Hannah (nee Monk) - the gr.d.o. John Clayton & Sarah (nee Chipperfield).  Hannah died in 1832.   Charlotte is the only one of her children who survived to adulthood.  Charlotte never married - she acted as her father's housekeeper after Ann (nee Wright) died in 1857.   Charlotte died in 1874.