Author Topic: Lookup request for Caddonfoot MI's for Clark/Clerk  (Read 5500 times)

Offline JESSH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup request for Caddonfoot MI's for Clark/Clerk
« on: Thursday 10 October 13 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I would really appreciate if someone had the Caddonfoot MI's if they could look for Clark/Clerk.  I'm particularly interested in John Clark or Clerk (b. abt 1765 not in Selkirkshire-d. 18 Jan 1847 Yair) married to Margaret Grey (b. 1766-69 Jedburgh-d. 12 Dec 1852 Yair).  Their known children are:

1. Janet b. 28 Jul 1797 Lee, Interleithan, Peebleshire d. 28 Sep 1815 Yair
2. John b. 25 Dec 1801 Yair, Selkirk, Selkirkshire d. 7 Apr 1803 Yair
3. Agnes b. abt 1806  d. 13 Mar 1873 Caddonfoot, married to William Shortreed
4. John b. 1 Dec 1806 Yair mar 15 Apr 1833 Edinburgh to Catherine Macdonald; d. 6 Apr 1883 Niagara Falls, Welland Co., Ontario, Canada
5. James b. 14 Jun 1811 Maigel Pots, Galashiels, Selkirkshire; d. 1 Dec 1815 Yair

I'm particularly interested to figure out if there was another daughter or a niece Elizabeth or Betty Clerk (b abt April 1797 according to her death record) who's baptism wasn't recorded in the OPR's. In North America, Hislop descendents of Elizabeth Clark and the children of #4 John Clark identified themselves as cousins so I'm trying to see if that relationship might help clarify Elizabeth's origins.

If anyone has any suggestions of other sources to explore I'd be grateful.

Warm regards,
Jessie

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup request for Caddonfoot MI's for Clark/Clerk
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 October 13 15:06 BST (UK) »
HI funnily enough I was checking the births of William Shortreed and Agnes Clark and found they had 6 children all christened at Selkirk U.P. Congregational Church on the one day.                       My one John Shortreed born 29th Dec. 1845 married Elizabeth Galloway 24th Jan. 1879 at Melrose(that's the tree I'm working on).
You mentioned an Elizabeth or Betty well John's sister was Elizabeth 10th October 1842.         There was also an Andrew b. 15th June 1837 , Margaret b. 10th Oct. 1848 , Janet b. 16th Oct. 1840 , and William b. 18th May 1847.
WILLIAM SHORTREED THE FATHER WAS THE GAMEKEEPER AT THE YAIR .
I dont have MIs for Caddonfoot.I have a copy cert with them all on if you want it.
hope this helps
Ps Its INNERLEITHEN  not interleithan and Maigel Pots would be Meigle Pots
alan

Edited for Capitals
turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders