Author Topic: Death 1971 Isle of Man  (Read 2982 times)

Offline ronoc

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death 1971 Isle of Man
« on: Friday 25 October 13 14:09 BST (UK) »

I have a death in Isle of Man in 1971.  Anyone know are there any newspaper archives online for 1971 isle of Man that I could lookup to see the the announcement ?

thank you.
Kehoe/Keogh, Lacey/Lacy, Whelan Wexford Town.  Sanfey-Oylegate Wexford,  Murray Co. Monaghan & Glasgow 7 Dublin, Whitmore-Dublin,  Gaines/Gains & Fox -Dublin,  Cleary/Clery-Dublin & Galway,  Wickham-Dublin, Devine-Glasgow, Kane-Dublin,  Barrett-Dublin & Co. Mayo   Docherty/Doherty-Co. Mayo.  Quirke-Wexford

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Death 1971 Isle of Man
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 October 13 20:11 BST (UK) »
no they are still in copyright - the iMuseum (www.imuseum.im) stops c. 1964 tho I understand they are in negotiation with Johnson press, the monopoly publishers on Island, re later editions - all newspapers are however available on microfilm at manx Museum but you will need to come in person or pay a researcher
any thing with a Manx Connection

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ronoc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 October 13 21:15 BST (UK) »

Hi Frances,  thank you for the reply.  there is no chance of me getting to IOM,  just have to wait until they come online.  :(

the burial took place in Douglas Borough Cemetery. Do you know if I called or wrote to this cemetery would they give me any information.

Kehoe/Keogh, Lacey/Lacy, Whelan Wexford Town.  Sanfey-Oylegate Wexford,  Murray Co. Monaghan & Glasgow 7 Dublin, Whitmore-Dublin,  Gaines/Gains & Fox -Dublin,  Cleary/Clery-Dublin & Galway,  Wickham-Dublin, Devine-Glasgow, Kane-Dublin,  Barrett-Dublin & Co. Mayo   Docherty/Doherty-Co. Mayo.  Quirke-Wexford

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 October 13 21:24 BST (UK) »
have you looked at the transcribed burial reg (IoMFHSoc) which should cover this year - can you give the name ? - what sort of info are you seeking ?
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline ronoc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 October 13 21:35 BST (UK) »

Hi Frances,  I have sent you a pm