Author Topic: Death 1971 Isle of Man  (Read 3478 times)

Offline ronoc

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death 1971 Isle of Man
« on: Friday 25 October 13 14:09 BST (UK) »

I have a death in Isle of Man in 1971.  Anyone know are there any newspaper archives online for 1971 isle of Man that I could lookup to see the the announcement ?

thank you.
Kehoe/Keogh, Lacey/Lacy, Whelan Wexford Town.  Sanfey-Oylegate Wexford,  Murray Co. Monaghan & Glasgow 7 Dublin, Whitmore-Dublin,  Gaines/Gains & Fox -Dublin,  Cleary/Clery-Dublin & Galway,  Wickham-Dublin, Devine-Glasgow, Kane-Dublin,  Barrett-Dublin & Co. Mayo   Docherty/Doherty-Co. Mayo.  Quirke-Wexford

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Death 1971 Isle of Man
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 October 13 20:11 BST (UK) »
no they are still in copyright - the iMuseum (www.imuseum.im) stops c. 1964 tho I understand they are in negotiation with Johnson press, the monopoly publishers on Island, re later editions - all newspapers are however available on microfilm at manx Museum but you will need to come in person or pay a researcher
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline ronoc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 October 13 21:15 BST (UK) »

Hi Frances,  thank you for the reply.  there is no chance of me getting to IOM,  just have to wait until they come online.  :(

the burial took place in Douglas Borough Cemetery. Do you know if I called or wrote to this cemetery would they give me any information.

Kehoe/Keogh, Lacey/Lacy, Whelan Wexford Town.  Sanfey-Oylegate Wexford,  Murray Co. Monaghan & Glasgow 7 Dublin, Whitmore-Dublin,  Gaines/Gains & Fox -Dublin,  Cleary/Clery-Dublin & Galway,  Wickham-Dublin, Devine-Glasgow, Kane-Dublin,  Barrett-Dublin & Co. Mayo   Docherty/Doherty-Co. Mayo.  Quirke-Wexford

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 October 13 21:24 BST (UK) »
have you looked at the transcribed burial reg (IoMFHSoc) which should cover this year - can you give the name ? - what sort of info are you seeking ?
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline ronoc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 October 13 21:35 BST (UK) »

Hi Frances,  I have sent you a pm