Author Topic: vanslow cooper  (Read 11001 times)

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
vanslow cooper
« on: Thursday 31 October 13 17:19 GMT (UK) »
just got a marriage cert back for noah lawrence and oachie cooper whom i believe is ocean mary cooper born approx 1901, it says her father is vanslow cooper profession hawker, witnesses annie cooper and j castle, in 1922 oachie give her address as york road teddington,
any help on which vanzlow cooper this could be would be greatly appreciated.. :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: vanslow cooper
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 October 13 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There are some entries on the 1911 index for this name including an entry in Middlesex

There is also an entry for a Daniel Cooper b 1875  in Middlesex which has been amended to Vanslo

Rootschat do not allow 1911 lookups so you would need to buy credits to view the entries yourself.

If you are viewing them via http://www.1911census.co.uk/search/tnaform.aspx  you will need to look for the second entry as Daniel Cooper 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 November 13 17:09 GMT (UK) »
 :)thank you for that it was the same as i was looking at :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline Max Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 November 13 18:38 GMT (UK) »
My ggg grandad was sam cooper (norwood sam) I think he had a son called vanslow. This was a common name in the family. I think he married a smith. Does anyone have a family tree of my family or photoes. As I dont know how to do things on the computers.  Thanks maxwell williams

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 November 13 22:08 GMT (UK) »
 :)hi max
i think the sam cooper you are looking for married amy smith, i do not know if the vanslow im looking for would be the same one as you, if you could put more information this may help, maybe your grandparents ect this could help where your family lived as many names as possible, then this will help people make a connection :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline Max Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 November 13 05:47 GMT (UK) »
No the sam cooper im talking about was with flora.

Offline Max Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 November 13 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Sam and florina cooper baptised their son vanslow at ewell in surrey in 1825 .also I know vanslow had a boy called faniel. Cheers.

Offline Henry Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 11 July 14 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hello sorry to poke my nose in here but the Vanslow Cooper I think you looking for was my great great Grandfather , he also had a son called Vanslow (uncle Vanny) and one called Henry who i am named after along with me father me grandfather and my son little Henry boi lol.........Now me great grandfather (Henry) who was a lovely man had a sister called Oachie (aunt Oachie) and two other sisters one who married Chick Summers father to Alfie and Jimmy Summers and the other sister married I think a Brazil and he's brother (uncle Vanny) Vanslow had a boy called Gary me (cousin Gary) who still lives in Teddington ............All these Coopers come from one man called Mattias Cooper the Royal rat catcher lol and are known as the Windor Coopers and are the oldest Gypsies in the country ....Vanslow is a dutch name and that would make sense because before the coopers travelled to England they were traced to Holland and was known as the black Dutch as cooper gypsy skin is very dark ....A gypsy coopers real romany name is Vardo masaplona but because we only spoke romany when we entered the country the English could not understand us and as you know a Vardo is a trailer or wagon in romany and we the Coopers built barrel top  wagons and as you know in english a cooper was a barrel maker so the english called us coopers as our wagons were built the same as barrels hahaha........I also remember me grandfather cooper always going on about he's cousins the Keffords and that some of them had got work in Australia spraying roofs and tarmacing and i once even spoke to one of them on the phone about me going out there to work with them but I never ended up going....

Offline Henry Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 11 July 14 17:53 BST (UK) »
Also ocean may of had another sister im not to sure but the J castle you mention would of been Jimmy Castle who had boys wally and Jimmy and one more thing Vanslow Jnr oceans brother (Gary coopers father) married a Kefford.......Ocean had a boy also called vanslow (he could sing just like Elvis lol).....she had other daughters i dont know to much about them I know one married a castle and one used to still sell flowers just like her mother ocean..