Author Topic: vanslow cooper  (Read 10980 times)

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: vanslow cooper
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 July 14 18:26 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)ah thank you so much info and yes its the right family, oachie married my great grands nephew noah lawrence, they seemed to settle in stains middlesex. its said that vanslow married florence penfold i dont see any evidence of her being penfold, but found vanslow in york rd with a florence, when oachie married she gave york road as her address, on later electoral registers you find vanslow with a jenny cooper,at the same address i traced this back to her being genty kefford have you heard of the lawrences?my grandad swaileys mother was annie taylor daughter of plato and betsie, thank you for all of this, oh one last thing, so is vanslow jr mother amy cooper  :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 July 14 18:28 BST (UK) »
sorry mean vanslow 1873, there is so many vanslows lol :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline Henry Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 July 14 21:22 BST (UK) »
Right this is where it gets confusing .........My great grandfather Henry, Oachie's brother married a woman called margaret cooper her maiden name was already Cooper(me great grandmother) and im pretty sure they were cousins whats not unusual with in gypsies as you probably know but i dont know if they were 1st or second cousins but rumor has it she run off with a man called Tom scott but she must of come back to me grandfather because I new and love me great grandmother.......Vanslow Lawrence(elvis singer) son of Oachie 's was very close to me grandfather(my fathers father) and used to go to work with him but i dont know who he married but i can find out because me grandmother is still alive and going strong lol and she will know im seeing her tomorrow...Vanslow Lawrance's sisters one of them was called Lila Lawrance and she married a Horse dealer called Jonny Cooper lol who is related to me great grandmother Margaret cooper.....Now I can find out more about this too because one of Lila and Jonnys Sons rung me up the other day (little Jonny) to buy some caravans from me as thats what i trade in and I will be going to there yard in the next couple of weeks and will have a good catch up as i haven't seen none of Jonny and Lila's lot in years.....another of Oachies Daughters married one of the Ball's but not sure who but again I can ask.........You mention the name florence and asked about Amy cooper ....Right Amy cooper was Oachies sister she married Chicken Summers and had 2 boys and 2 girls....Oachie had another sister called Fiance Cooper (aunt Fiance) and this could be where the name Florence is coming from because they all lived in york rd ...........Now you ask about Penfolds ..both my great grandfather (Henry Cooper ) and great grandmother (Margaret Cooper) both claimed that there mothers where Penfolds lol but again the only evidence of this I have is that there's loads of Penfolds  around me down here in Kent and they all claim to be related to me lol...........Was your Grandad swailey a Lawrance and he's mother was a Taylor ....I have loads of Taylor cousins lol and have a good few friends with the name swailey or swales for short ...........Are you a traveller ??? What is your surname now???? what was your fathers surname???

Offline Henry Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 July 14 22:47 BST (UK) »
Right Just spoke to me granny and im wrong about a couple of things lol...........Me great granny never run off with tom Scott hahahaha her sister Lydia Cooper was married to him lol where i got that from i dont know........... and Florance Penfold Was married to Vanlow Snr making her my great great granny.....

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 July 14 23:38 BST (UK) »
 :)lol, i really need to read all you have written over again, i have a tom scott lol my great great grand mother was elizabeth scott her parents were fred scott and cinderella lee, the scotts ended up around mitchim, no i am not a traveller, my nan was may lawrence, she had a brother swailey, he went by the name sonny lawrence, my great grandad swailey was killed in the first world war, my grandads brothers were noah lawrence he married lila dixey, henry lawrence he married lila port and alfred who married maria lee :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline Henry Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 July 14 00:00 BST (UK) »
You say your not a gypsy lol but all the names you are looking for apart from lawrance are gypsy names hahaha .........I am a gypsy and the problem with gypsies is everyone names there kids after there self's and only breed with other close gypsy families who are usually related anyway making it near on impossible to trace them back ..........

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 July 14 00:13 BST (UK) »
 :)umm i know the name lawrence doesnt come up, but my great great grandad job, well his mother was jane hilton, she had a son emmanuel hilton, she then married a james castle, he died, but she had a son with him james, husband james then dies, she gets with thomas lawrence, but job and james are never with her, first they are with the castles, then they are with abel williams, then for twenty years job goes by the name castle not lawrence, i dont know lol  :)
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle

Offline Henry Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 July 14 00:26 BST (UK) »
I know the Castles they are close to my family and related I also know the Hiltons who are also gypsies and are related to the castles lol

Offline Henry Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 12 July 14 00:44 BST (UK) »
You see even though its hard to trace gypsies back the saving grace is that they dont lose each other like other people as they are such a close nit community and i would have money on it that all the names you have mentioned such as castles , hiltons, lee's, taylor's, penfolds, scott's , coopers , keffords, are directly related to the people that surround me today and my guess is that because it sounds like a couple of these gypsy women married gorjas (none gypsy people) like you family the Lawrance's back then that would of been shameful meaning these women would of been expelled for the community leading to over time losing all history of where they come from .........this is just my theory but I would have money on it and this would explain why Job and Jim held the name Castle as they considered there self's gypsies