Author Topic: FamilySearch ebooks won't download  (Read 7949 times)

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
Re: FamilySearch ebooks won't download
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 02 November 13 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Brian - I was wondering about time-out too.

I tried my wired connection on my desktop pc but had just the same result - zilch.

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline Gen List Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Jane ANDERSON nee DODD, 2 x g grandmother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 02 November 13 18:51 GMT (UK) »
I don't get a printer icon or a download icon, I just get the book title which is clickable but after clicking it slows right down and halts

Gen in NBL England
UK - Northumberland, County Durham: ANDERSON,   DODD(S), EDWARDS, ELLIOTT/ELLET, FENWICK, GREY/GRAY, HINDMARCH and variants, JORDAN, MOORE, MURRAY, RIPPON, RODDHAM, RYDER-TURNER, SPARK(E)(S), STEWART, TILLEY, TIPLADY, WATSON,
Sheffield: TURNER
Middlesex: RYDER
<br />Aberdeenshire: EDWARDS, BRODIE<br />Angus STEWART, DIXON, PETRIE

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 02 November 13 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi gen,

When that happens, look on the address bar at the top where you see the url address..... Right over on the righthand side of the bar will be two icons. A star which you can click to add to favorites and just to the left of it is another icon... I think it was a shield, can't remember off-hand. Click on this icon and it will say the page has not passed certification and gives you the option to accept it anyway. Click accept then the page will begin to load properly. It takes a little while but it will load.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 02 November 13 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Right then I am using firefox: After clicking onto the book I can see a movable 'white line' which is indicating data downloaded. Initially moves slowly, to right and above I see a printer icon then download icon followed by current view icon.
Clicking onto the download icon the speed of 'white line' goes into overdrive!
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 02 November 13 20:24 GMT (UK) »
I loaded a book I was interested in and sort of speed read it.

When I went to download it I found the "save" button and it started to save and there was a moveable blue line indicating it was downloading.....but it took such a veeeery looong tiiime.....I cancelled it  >:(
Best wishes HL

Census information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 02 November 13 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I've tried accessing and have registered to the LDS site, but when I choose a book it tells me that I don't have permissions.  Any suggestions?  Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 02 November 13 20:40 GMT (UK) »
If you post a link on what you want to download I will download and put into my dropbox.
Once it's in my dropbox I will pm you with a link if o'k.
 Brian

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 02 November 13 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Calverley Lad, I was just browsing but I might take you up on the offer when I find something of real interest :-)

Very frustrating.  I'd really like to gain access and wonder what I'm doing wrong.  It takes me to a log in screen for exLibris Rosetta and tells me:

"You do not have sufficient rights to view requested object.  Login in order to view object".

Are the records I'm trying to access only available to specific subscribers such as Libraries?

One of the records I tried to access was the Parish Registers for North Meols, Lancashire.

BTW - Many thanks to Gen List Lass for highlighting these ebooks.

Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 02 November 13 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Kit: I have just done as I have done since original post, entered North Meols, Lancashire then clicked onto search.
Brings up a long list of books, so can't see where your going wrong?
 Brian
[Correction, I get the same message when I tried to download the 'registers for North Meols' The books 1/2 are both listed as protected]