Author Topic: Birth of Isabelle, or Isabella, Alice Killey about 1851 St John's , Isle of Man  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Adne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
She arrived in Australia in1870 and married Evan Price in Ballarat in 1874. Marriage cert gives father's name as Philip, or Phillip Killey, and mothers' name as Catherine. I would be delighted to find a confirmation of her date of birth. Many thanks Adne

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Isabelle, or Isabella, Alice Killey about 1851 St John's , Isle of Man
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 November 13 06:35 GMT (UK) »
This looks like her in 1861
RG9 Piece 4420 Folio 31 Page 23
German IOM
Catherine Killey 44 retired Farmer's widow born Patrick IOM
Jane Lace   24 dau Married ? (? on image) Grocer's wife
Margaret Killey   23 formerly pupil teacher
William T Killey   13
Isabella A Killey 10
Eliza Killey 3
Maria Kelly 17

All children born German

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Isabelle, or Isabella, Alice Killey about 1851 St John's , Isle of Man
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 November 13 06:43 GMT (UK) »
This is the only birth of an Isabel* I can find in Hampshire 1850 +/- 2. No Isabel* K*l*y shows up.
Is the surname Attrill familiar?

Isabella Attrill
Date of Registration Jun 1/4  1850
Registration District - Isle of Wight, Hampshire
Vol 8 Page 227

From family search.org
Isabella Attrill
Christened 2 Jun 1850
At East Cowes, Hampshire
Father - James Attrill
Mother - Elizabeth

No records found for an Isabella Killey on familysearch.org

Offline Adne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 November 13 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Dear Crisane, thank you so much, I'm sure you're right. I have spent hours and hours on this and you have found it and replied in about 2 hrs from my posting the query. Many, many thanks from Melbourne Australia. Adne

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Isabelle, or Isabella, Alice Killey about 1851 St John's , Isle of
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 09:36 GMT (UK) »
sorry above suggestion is utterly + totally wrong  - she was noted as Mary A in 1851 census age 4 days but probably not then baptised so I would look for her baptism in Kk German - look up on www.imuseum.im
She was d/o Philip Killey and his 2nd wife Cath Quirk (both of Kk Patrick) who married Patrick 18360128 - judging from bapts of children from earlier marr Philip started family in Patrick moving to Ballaligg (or Ballig as in 1861c) c. 1840 where noted as farming 50ac - I suspect as a tenant farmer - for some info on farm name etc see my web site www.manxnotebook.com
Philip I think is buried German 18590107 and Cath was actually a widow in 1861 - I havn't followed up family in 1871 but would be worth while
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline Adne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 November 13 04:46 GMT (UK) »
Dear Frances_mnb, thank you very much. Birth in 1851 ties in with info. I have, married in 1784 age 23, and arriving in Australia in May 1870 aged 19. I am also glad to see her mother's maiden name is Quirk because it is illegible on the photocopy of the marriage cert. I have, 'tho now I know it I can see that it is correct.  I went to 2 libraries today to check an address and both had their microfiche readers broken down, so I am very glad to have something factual.....I am finding it a very frustrating and time-consuming process!  Many thanks again Adne